Commuter Survey - Marin Housing Solutions
Your participation in this survey is crucial to Marin Housing Solutions for the identification of the need for fair and affordable housing and development of new housing solutions in Marin County. It should only take 4 to 5 minutes to complete the survey and your participation is anonymous. You will not be asked for any personal information that could reveal your identity. Thank you for assisting us.
1. What city and county do you currently live in?
2. Do you...
3. What portion of your income is spent on housing?
4. Did your job or employer recently move to Marin?
4.a If yes, how long ago?
5. What method of commuting to work do you use most frequently?
Auto- Gas powered
Auto - Electric powered
Other public transit (ferry, train, uber, etc.)
6. If you had the opportunity, would you like to move into Marin County?
7. For the place in which you live, which of the following factors were the most important in selecting your residence? Select all that apply.
Cost/I can afford it
Close to work/job opportunities
Close to bus/transit stops
Close to restaurants/ entertainment/shopping
Close to services
Close to quality public schools/School district
Close to health care facilities and services
Close to place of worship
Close to family/friends
Close to parks and open space
Low crime rate/safe
I/we are disabled and require the accessibility improvements offered
Type of home/layout of home
Large yard/size of yard
Number of bedrooms
Landlord takes Section 8
Landlord accepts pets
Landlord would rent to me despite bad credit/past evictions/history
It is available
8. What are the top three (3) reasons you have not moved yet?
Can’t afford to move/can’t afford to live anywhere else
Can’t find a better place to live
Family is here
Family members do not want to move
Landlords don’t take Section 8/ hard to find places that take Section 8
Rentals are all full; can’t find a place to rent
Have submitted applications, but haven’t secured housing
Can’t pay moving expenses—security deposit, first/last month rent, pet deposit
Can’t find a landlord to rent to me due to my criminal history
Can’t find a landlord to rent to me due to my credit history/eviction or foreclosure history
Can’t sell house
Need the accessibility features of my current housing unit
Felt discriminated against when looking for housing in Marin County
9. How many people, including you, currently live in the household?
One/I live alone
Seven or more
10. Do you have any children, under age 18, currently living in your household?
11. What is your current marital status?
12. What is your gender?
13. In what year were you born?
14. Of which racial, ethnic or cultural group do you consider yourself a member? Select all that apply.
American Indian/Native American
Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
15. Into what category does your total household income fall?
Less than $5,000
$5,000 up to $9,999
$10,000 up to $14,999
$15,000 up to $19,999
$20,000 up to $24,999
$25,000 up to $34,999
$35,000 up to $49,999
$50,000 up to $74,999
$75,000 up to $99,999
$100,000 up to $149,999
$150,000 or more
16. Other than employment, do you receive any of the following? Select all that apply.
17. What suggestions do you have to make housing in Marin County more available?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service