SCAA Fall 2021 Conference Proposal Submission Form
Proposals are now being accepted for the SCAA 2021 Annual Meeting, which will be held virtually on Friday, October 29, 2021. This year’s conference theme is “Crossroads.” The year of the pandemic presented unprecedented challenges, but it also ushered in opportunities for growth and rebirth. The same holds true for archival institutions, including the physical spaces, collections, projects, workflows, staffing, and services offered.
The SCAA Board of Directors, which serves as the Annual Meeting Planning Committee, invites you to submit proposals for presentations and student posters relating to the theme of “Crossroads” as it intersects with topics of interest to archival professionals, including but not limited to the following:
• Advocacy, diversity, and inclusion in archival education and training
• Advocacy, diversity, and inclusion in collections
• Case studies highlighting collections or resources within collections
• Challenges in funding, physical resources, and staffing
• Collection development during COVID-19
• Creating finding aids and similar resources for patrons
• Innovative strategies for outreach and community partnerships
• Making our collections accessible to a wider range of patrons and constituencies
• Methodology(ies) for creating and sustaining records management policies that work
• Opportunities and obstacles in digitizing traditional resources
• Opportunities and obstacles in managing born-digital resources
• Raising awareness of and promoting collections through events, exhibits, and publications
Presentations may also take several formats, including:
• Individual presentation (45 minute session)
• Lightning round (7-10 minute presentations that will be grouped into 45-60 minute sessions)
• Group presentation (45 minute session; one presentation with multiple speakers)
• Discussion (45 or 60 minute session; one or more panelists lead a discussion)
• Student poster presentation
The Board of Directors will review proposals and select those best suited to a virtual meeting that will be of interest and value to our wide range of members.
NOTE: Please limit your proposal to 250 words maximum.
The number and format of sessions will be determined in part by the proposals but also by the platform(s) and technological requirements available to the SCAA for hosting a virtual meeting.
Presentation proposals will be accepted from SCAA members and non-members now through Monday, August 30, 2021. Student poster session proposals will be accepted through Thursday, September 30, 2021.
SCAA would like to record the Annual Meeting sessions and to provide recordings to registrants. Should your proposal be accepted, do you consent to having your presentation recorded and disseminated after the meeting?
Which type of presentation are you proposing?
Individual Presentation (45 minute session)
Lightning Rounds (7-10 minute presentations that will be grouped into 45-60 minute sessions)
Group Presentation (45 minute session; one presentation with multiple speakers)
Discussion (45 or 60 minute session; one or more panelists lead discussion)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service