Features Reporter Application
Features reporters are assigned a beat where they are responsible for coverage of all events and potential features that arise on that beat. They will become the “expert” on that beat and pitch two stories per week to their editor. This is an unpaid position.
· Attend weekly budget meeting held by the Life & Arts Editor.
· Submit story pitches by section editor’s desired date.
· Accept assignments from the Life & Arts Editor or Assistant Editor.
· Record all interviews.
· Go see subjects in their spaces and get out of the office.
· Communicate effectively with photographers and/or illustrators to ensure visuals for every story.
· Write the required number of articles per week with at least three sources quoted in each
· Provide newsroom coverage per the established schedule.
· Be knowledgeable in AP Style.
· Meet all deadlines set by the section editor.
· Communicate regularly with section editor.
· Responsible for submitting best copy through CAMAYAK by the deadline and responding to editor comments in a timely manner.
· Join appropriate SLACK channel and maintain effective communication.
· Encouraged to attend all staff functions.
· Required to attend bi-weekly all-staff meetings.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University Star.
Terms of Service