BAPS Homecoming Parade Application 2019
Homecoming Parade - 5:00 p.m. Thursday, October 24
Homecoming Theme – Hollywood Magic
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!!!!!
You are invited to participate in the 2019 Broken Arrow High School Homecoming Parade. Please take a moment to read the Parade Rules and Regulations that all entrants must comply with to be eligible for participation in this event. The parade committee reserves the right to deny participation by any group/individual that does not abide by the following rules and regulations. The parade will stage between the four square blocks between College and Elgin Streets (running East-West) and 1st and Ash Streets running (North-South) and end at the BA PAC.
Contact Christian Welborn, Director of Student Life and Activities, at
Rules and Regulations
1. This online registration must be completed by October 18.
2. Parade applicants using motorized vehicles must submit a copy of a valid driver’s license for the vehicle’s driver as well as proof of insurance for this registration to be valid.
3. The contact point for all parade entries will be at the northeast corner of College and Main Streets.
4. Parade-entry passes for all entrants will be issued at this the northeast corner of College and Main
5. Streets beginning at 4:00 p.m on the day of the parade.
6. The parade line-up will begin at 4:15 p.m. The parade begins promptly at 5:00 PM.
7. All parade entries must be related to the BA Senior High School Homecoming and its theme- Hollywood Magic.
8. Parade units must select ONE person to be their Parade Team Leader. This person will be the contact person for your parade unit during and after the parade.
9. Each group needs a Parade Team Leader. They will walk on the right side of your unit. Their primary job is to make sure that your unit does not travel too quickly or too slowly during the parade. They also must make sure that no candy is being thrown into the crowd by your group. You can decide who your Parade Team Leader is on parade day.
10. If the group has a vehicle, the parade units should post their “Official Parade Entry Pass” on the front passenger right side of their vehicle or float.
11. If your parade unit is walking, the pass must be carried with the Parade Team Leader and be visible.
12. To insure safety, items (candy, toys, etc.) must not be thrown or distributed from vehicles and floats to parade spectators. If you throw objects from your vehicle, you will be asked to leave the parade route and possibly face a ticket from BAPD. THIS IS A CITY ORDINANCE.
13. All parade units should maintain an equal distance during the parade route. Parade Team Leaders and Parade Officials will monitor the distance and pace of the parade units.
14. Banners may not include alcohol/tobacco products or anything considered illegal or inappropriate for minor children.
15. Smoking on or near the parade units is prohibited.
16. No firearms, fireworks, or flames are allowed by any participant.
17. All units must maintain a forward motion with approximately 30 feet between each entry. No unit will stop at any time during the parade to perform.
18. Use and/or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are forbidden.
19. Drivers of motorized vehicles must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance, available for inspection upon request.
20. Vehicles and vehicle/float combinations must have 4 axles or less.
21. No participant or spectator may enter or exit a moving vehicle. All participants must remain on the vehicle. Do NOT allow arms or legs to dangle over the sides of vehicles or trailers. Participants MUST get approval from the driver of a vehicle in the parade prior to getting on or off a vehicle and/or float.
22. Reckless driving and speeding will result in failure to complete the parade. This is a violation of city law and a citation may be written.
23. Please do not construct or dismantle the entry before or after the parade, during line-up or on city streets. Minor adjustments, repairs, etc. are acceptable upon inspection by a parade official. The vehicle must be parked and turned off before any repair can be completed.
24. The Parade Team leader for each entry must review this information and general rules with every participant before getting their “Official Parade Pass” to participate.
25. Parade Officials have the right to have groups or individuals removed from the Homecoming Parade for exhibiting inappropriate behavior, poor sportsmanship, and for using profanity and objectionable language.
Group Grade Level (if applicable)
Group Name (start with color, i.e. Chrome, if applicable)
Group Contact Cell Phone
Type of Entry (for auto or float entries, you must complete the second section for this submission to be valid)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Broken Arrow Public Schools.
Terms of Service