THIS TRAINING IS NOW FULL & CLOSED. IF INTERESTED IN BEING ADDED TO WAIT LIST, CONTINUE "REGISTERING" ON THIS PAGE FOR THE WAIT LIST. Registration for HFA Regional PSCO Core Training - California - February 24-28, 2020
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
• This registration page is ONLY for the HFA PSCO Core Training scheduled for February 24-28, 2020 in California.
• The registration DEADLINE for this training is set for Wednesday, January 29 (end of business day, Pacific Standard Time).
• Please submit ONE regional training request per person.
• If you have any questions or concerns about the training, please contact Maritza Noriega (HFA Training Manager) either by email at
or by phone at (520) 470-7480.
THIS TRAINING IS NOW FULL & CLOSED. IF INTERESTED IN BEING ADDED TO WAIT LIST, CONTINUE "REGISTERING" ON THIS PAGE FOR THE WAIT LIST. Parent Survey for Community Outreach (PSCO) Training
(Also known as the FAW/Assessment Core Training)
WHERE & WHEN?
• Location: Davis, California
• Training location: Yolo Co. Children's Alliance, 600 A Street, Davis, CA 95616 (Building name is: Helen MacLeod Thomson/Health & Human Services Agency)
• Date: February 24-28, 2020
• Times: Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-4:30pm daily (for direct staff and supervisors/program managers); Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm (for supervisors/program managers only). Please note that for Friday (supervisor day), the end time will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to, the number of registered supervisors, the experience within the group and their needs, etc.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PSCO CORE TRAINING?
• Parent Survey for Community Outreach (PSCO) training is required for all program staff that will administer the Parent Survey/Family Assessment tool. Supervisors and Program Managers are also required to attend. The training focuses on building skills to engage parents in the assessment process, learning how to gather comprehensive information from parents related to their strengths and needs using a conversational style, and obtaining guided practice from a certified user to ensure the tool is administered in a standardized and reliable manner.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS TRAINING?
• Please note that this training is capped at 12 participants maximum, and also has a minimum requirement of 10 in order for the training to take place. If you have more than 8 staff that need this training, please consider hosting a training. For more information, contact Maritza Noriega at
• Please note that trainees may use their laptops for the Wednesday practice activity of this training.
HOW MUCH DOES THE TRAINING COST?
• $675 per person (manual included)
• $215 additional for Supervisors and Program Managers for 5th day (manual included)
• Travel costs for your staff are NOT included in the above-mentioned fees.
HOW TO PAY FOR THE TRAINING?
• Once you register, you will be receiving a confirmation email from Maritza Noriega with information about the training. Four to six (4-6) weeks before the training, you will receive an invoice from Phyllis Medrano. To request an earlier invoice, contact Phyllis Medrano at
. Once you submit this registration, you will be accepting the Cancellation Policy's terms and conditions, including responsibility for notifying Maritza Noriega ASAP via email (at
) with any changes in participant status.
When trainees submit a registration for training, they are accepting the Cancellation Policy's terms and conditions, including responsibility for notifying Maritza Noriega (HFA Training Manager) as quickly as possible via email with any changes in participant status. For trainees needing to cancel a training registration, the Cancellation Policy timing begins with the date and time stamp on the cancellation request email received by Maritza Noriega. Cancellation Fees are calculated by:
- Cancellations received at least 30 days prior to training: no fee.
- Cancellations received 0-29 days prior to training: fee will be 100% of training cost.
- Substitutions that do not require additional invoicing will be permitted at no cost.
Wait List Policy
Each training has a specific maximum number of participants. If registrations beyond the maximum number of participants are received, HFA provides a Wait List opportunity.
Once a training is at its capacity, those wishing to register will receive a Wait List email that confirms a spot on the Wait List based on the date the registration request is received. At this point, trainee responsibilities include:
(1) Confirm with Maritza Noriega (via email) the desire to remain on the Wait List.
(2) Wait listed staff will receive an email from Maritza Noriega if a cancellation occurs.
(3) Wait listed staff will confirm or release the wait list spot via email to Maritza Noriega within 2 business days.
(4) Maritza Noriega will send an official confirmation email for those confirmed in the open spot.
(5) At this point, the HFA Cancellation Policy applies to this registration, and any additional registrations made.
(6) It is the trainee’s responsibility to cancel any future training registrations that may no longer be needed within the timeframes specified above. For duplicate registrations cancelled within 0-29 days of the training, the full cost of the training will be charged, as that spot has been held for the registrant and restricted others in the network from registering.
HFAST (Healthy Families America Site Tracker)
The HFA national office is now using HFAST for trainings. Trainees are now required to have an account in HFAST so that, after the training, they are able to login, complete the evaluation (feedback form) and obtain their training certificates. Please ensure that the staff you have registered for this training are entered on the site or organization's staff list in HFAST (at
) ASAP. For the HFAST Quick Start Guide, go to:
. If you have any other questions, please let Maritza Noriega know.
Travel Information for Registrants
• Yolo Co. Children's Alliance, 600 A Street, Davis, CA 95616 (Building name is: Helen MacLeod Thomson/Health & Human Services Agency)
Airports (most accessible)?
• Sacramento International Airport - webiste:
• The wonderful host mentioned that this was a favorite hotel in Davis, CA:
• Another one of many options is the Best Western University Lodge:
• By conducting a Google search, here is a list of hotels close to the training location in Davis, CA:
• ATTENTION: HFA does not recommend or suggest hotels to participants. The best way to go about finding a hotel is based on your own criteria/discretion (e.g., location of hotel, distance of hotel from training, costs, etc.). The easiest way to find a hotel that you may prefer is to conduct an internet search (using search engines such as: Google, Bing, etc.) and read the reviews made from other people that have stayed at those hotels.
• Sacramento International Airport - Rental car direct link:
• Parking passes will be provided.
• Please note that snacks and lunch will NOT be provided – please plan accordingly. Thank you.
• A Google search of restaurants near the training location:
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Prevent Child Abuse America.