Volunteer Camp Counsellor Application
The Muslim Youth of Ottawa Summer Camp is a one-week camp designed to provide an Islamic environment for Muslim youth between the ages of 9 and 16. See myo.camp for more information.
Camp counsellors provide an exceptional camp experience for campers while ensuring a safe and fun environment. Counsellors work in pairs and are assigned a group of 10-12 campers.
Counsellors must be available for the full duration of camp (August 5-11, 2018). Counsellors are also expected to contribute to pre-camp activities, including planning meetings, training, and fundraising initiatives, and post-camp cleaning and debriefing.
• Supervise campers’ day, including mealtimes, activities, cabin duties, and bedtime.
• Ensure that each camper’s physical, social, and emotional needs of security, health, and safety are met.
• Build a positive and supportive atmosphere and encourage full participation in camp programming.
• Participate in and, on occasion, lead camp programming.
• Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Camp Director.
The ideal candidate:
• Is of excellent character and a model of honesty, integrity, and respect.
• Has enthusiasm, energy, patience, and a sense of humour.
• Has experience working with children in a dynamic outdoor setting.
• Is confident in leading activities and groups.
• Is an effective communicator and problem-solver.
• Is a team player.
Age on August 5, 2018
Please highlight any relevant experience you have working with children/youth:
Please highlight any relevant experience you have in leadership roles:
Why would you be a great counsellor?
Please limit your response to approximately 250 words.
Please email your resume to
with the subject "2018 Counsellor Application".
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service