THAT SAID, we do have a few rules for panels at the convention. Please take the time to read these completely before filling out the panel registration form.
1. ONLY ONE PANEL PER PERSON/GROUP. We want to present a variety of perspectives regarding geek culture and - while we appreciate you hosting a panel - we want to make sure you have the time to enjoy the rest of the convention!
2. ALL PANEL HOSTS MUST BE REGISTERED ATTENDEES OF THE CONVENTION. We don't offer comp passes for single panel presentations. And we don't allow more than one panel per person/group. (You can see where we're going with this.) If you are interested in appearing as a fan group and hosting programming, email us at email@example.com.
3, PANEL CONTENT MUST BE APPROPRIATE TO THE THEME OF THE CONVENTION - GEEK CULTURE. A panel about physics wouldn't really work. A panel about the physics in the Star Trek universe would absolutely work. A panel about the physics in the Stargate universe would make the sci-fi nerds on our staff very happy.
4. ALL PANELS MUST NOT EXCEED A PG-13 RATING. WasabiCon is a convention designed to feature content for all ages. While we may offer some 18+ events, they are tightly regulated and offered late in the evening. If you are interested in offering 18+ programming, please contact us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. SCHEDULING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON THE NEEDS OF WASABICON. We will do our best to work with you on scheduling the panel in a time slot that works best for everyone involved. If, for unforeseen reasons, we need to change when your panel is scheduled, we will let you know in advance.
6. PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR A/V NEEDS. Can you do your panel without a projector and screen, or is it required? Let us know.
Thanks for wanting to be a part of WasabiCon. We look forward to reviewing your panel.