Bongotsov Music Competition: A Bengali Fusion Performance
1. Participants will choose from four pre-selected song examples from the eastern region of India, where Bengali culture is prominent.
2. Individual entrants or teams must select two of the preselected songs to use in the creation of their composition for the contest. Teams must consist of two to four members.
3. Contestants must create a new composition that uses elements of the pre-selected song examples provided and another secondary music example(s) from any culture or genre in the world. Teams are encouraged to consult music and audio recordings found in the holdings of the University of South Carolina’s School of Music Library.
4. Each team should make sure that their composition represents a fusion of the Bengali music examples and one or more other styles or genres of music. Student teams are encouraged to use music traditions from their own research or performance interests.
5. Song entries need to be between 4 to 8 minutes and ready for a live performance presentation at the Bongotsov Symposium. Teams selected to be finalists will perform and briefly explain their compositions on the day of the symposium.
6. Entrants must submit the final audio recordings of their compositions by October 9, 2017.
How to Enter:
Individuals: Please submit your name, email address, contact phone number, and primary performance medium(s) (i.e., instrument, instruments, or vocals). If during the compositional process, you decide to change instruments or sound sources, be sure to notify us no less than two weeks before October 14, 2017. Entries may be in the form of audio recording or audio recording and musical score. Finalists must be available to perform their piece at Bongotsov on October 14, 2017.
Teams: Teams of two to four members should submit ONE entry form that includes an identified main contact person (i.e., name, phone number, and email address), the names of each team member, the main instruments used, and if vocalists or singers will be performing. If during the compositional process, you decide to change instruments or sound sources, be sure to notify us no less than two weeks before October 14, 2017. Finalists must be available to perform their piece at Bongotsov on October 14, 2017.
Finalists: The Bongotsov panel of guest judges will select the top entries among all submissions beginning on October 9, 2017.
Deadline to Apply: September 23rd 2017
Deadline for Final Audio Submissions: October 9, 2017
for any queries
First Place Award:
$200 in Carolina Cash and a Certificate of Participation
Participating as a Team
First and Last Name(s) of all participants
Email Address of the contact person
Phone No. of the contact person
Which instrument(s) do you play?
Will vocalist be included?
If Yes, how many?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service