Float Information and Guidance
The procession leaves the Nock Deighton Livestock and Auction Centre at 12 noon with presentation of prizes taking place on Severn Park once all floats have arrived. Entries on foot to meet at Westgate (previously Shropshire Council offices) ready to join the procession.
JUDGING WILL TAKE PLACE AT 11.15AM AT NOCK DEIGHTON AND 11.45AM AT WESTGATE
In the interests of good relations with the public and police, the throwing of liquid from a float is not allowed.
1. Must be in the car park of the Livestock and Auction Centre by 11am or Westgate by 11.45am at the latest
2. Must report on arrival
3. Must have at least two Float Stewards on foot accompanying the float
4. Must have adequate insurance cover (copy to be provided to the Town Council)
5. Must have a risk assessment (copy to be provided to the Town Council)
IF YOU USE A PETROL GENERATOR YOU MUST HAVE A SUITABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER ON YOUR FLOAT
Bridgnorth Town Carnival is a community event, so anyone can get involved and enter a float! We have the following categories this year:
Categories: Schools Entry Show Vehicle
Entry on Foot Float Entry
Theme: There is no theme for the Carnival so let your imagination run wild...
People: It’s up to you how many people you have on your float but remember you will need at least 2 people to walk alongside your float to monitor health and safety. All ages can take part and have fun!
You can use the following:
Generator Ideal if you want to run several sources of light or sound
Inverter These can be powered from a car battery
Car Battery This is a good method if you want to attach 12v lighting
to your float
Safety: Top Tips
- Make sure all your decorations are properly secure to your structure
- You shouldn’t have any nails/screws sticking out
- Make sure everyone riding on the float is going to stay safe
- Don’t use any naked fames or fire
- Check that all your electrics will be protected from rain etc.
- Make sure your generators are positioned away from any flammable materials
- If you’re using an inverter make sure its connected to the car battery properly
- 2 Health and Safety Marshals must accompany each float and details of the Marshals must be provided to the Town Council
- Risk Assessment guidance can be obtained from Bridgnorth Town Council