The GALAP Pledge - Revised
Thank you for your interest in supporting the GALAP and signing our pledge! We would like to ask those of you who already signed on to re-sign the pledge (revised November 2019).
By signing this pledge, you agree to publicly state your commitment to the GALAP movement and writing letters for free or low-cost. We ask that you only sign if you are a LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL with a practice where clients can meet with you (in-person or virtually) to provide the service of letter writing.
We ask that pledge signers:
1. Complete at least one free letter a month (based on demand).
2. Refrain from charging a fee for any additional letters (beyond the free letter)*, unless covered by insurance.
3. Refer to the GALAP network if you are not able to write any more free letters in a given month.
4. Use an informed consent approach in your interviewing and letter writing process.
5. Understand that the GALAP is not liable for any work you do and that you should work within the bounds of your scope, legal and ethical guidelines, and liability insurance.
*Letters written as part of ongoing therapy with clients who are part of your current practice are charged at the regular therapy rate. Any additional time on letter writing outside the therapy session, including clinical consultation, communication with surgeons and medical staff, should be done for free and not charged to the client.
Do you agree to the above commitments?
Email address (will not be shared on website)
Mailing address. This will not be shared on the website. This is optional and for the purposes of mailing you a welcome packet.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service