Each year, thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, a limited number of travel subsidies are available to assist with the attendance to the Scaling Bitcoin Conferences.
This year the conference will be held at the Tel Aviv University on September 11-12.
As our events focus on highly technical topics and our goal is to foster discussion between development and academic communities, travel subsidies are available strictly to developers, researchers, students and academics who focus on fields that are related to the Bitcoin ecosystem.
Preference is given to students and academic institution affiliates, especially if they have not previously attended the Scaling Bitcoin event or have submitted a presentation proposal to the event.
You must be a member of faculty, student or research staff (doctorate or post-doctorate) from a computer-related field of an academic institution. (LIMIT 1 person per research group)
IMPORTANT: If you are a student applying for this travel subsidy, in addition to filling out this form, you must e-mail proof of your affiliation to email@example.com The email must include: an academic transcript as well as a student card with your picture and expiration date.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
1) If approved, you must present yourself at the registration desk of the event and specify that you are a subsidy recipient. When you present yourself, you will be given a unique identification code which will need to be included when you submit your receipts. Failure to do so will void the subsidy allocated toward you.
2) The subsidy covers only the conference ticket, transportation (airfare or train to an from the event only) and lodging for up to 3 nights. The total amount reimbursed is limited by the allocated amount.
3) Applicant must submit itemized/detailed receipt for the expense under his/her name. Credit card receipts are not acceptable. Please make sure that you ask for / obtain detailed receipts.
4) If your accommodations were shared, you can only claim a portion of the bill that you have paid. To do so, you are required to submit the lodging invoice and contact information of the person who paid for it, if it has been paid by a 3rd party.
5) Travel subsidies are not guaranteed and are awarded at the discretion of the Subsidy Committee.
Please complete this request form on or before 23:59 UTC Monday 17th of June 2019.
Subsidy Committee will feedback applicants with results upon completion of the review process that will finish at 23:59 UTC Thursday 1st of August, 2018.
Travel receipts must be submitted no later than October 1st, 2019 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org