FACILITY USE APPLICATION 2020/2021
Please Print Name
RIDGEWOOD PUBLIC SCHOOLS BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR'S OFFICE 49 COTTAGE PLACE, RIDGEWOOD, NJ 07451 (201)670-2700 X10547
RENTAL APPLICATION, GENERAL REGULATIONS, AND HOLD HARMLESS STATEMENT
It is your responsibility to advise the people in your group of all Board of Education’s rules and regulations as per within this document. Custodial Fees are based on the current contract rates and are available upon request. A refundable security deposit in the amount of $200 MUST be paid prior to the issuance of the permit. After the event, the premises will be inspected and the security deposit will be returned in full if there is no damage and/or loss of Board property resulting from the rental.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE RIDGEWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION
The requirements for any person or organization or group that requests to use the facilities of the RIDGEWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION must submit the following in writing before permission will be granted:
1. A certificate of insurance made out to the RIDGEWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION stating coverage afforded. Limits of liability must be at least a Combined Single Limit of $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate ensuring the Licensee against any liability for bodily injury and property damage.
2. A Hold Harmless Agreement must be included in the certificate of insurance whereby, in time of loss, the RIDGEWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION will not be held responsible for any liability incurred as a result of the function being held. Please return the Hold Harmless Agreement enclosed in this packet.
3. W-9 from person or organization utilizing the school facility. This will be the entity that will be making payments to the board and receive refunds if applicable. W-9 can be accessed via this link:
4. RIDGEWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION requires the applicant to contact Chief Jacqueline Luthcke of the Ridgewood Police Department at (201)670-5518 to make arrangements for police coverage if deemed necessary by the Police Department.
APPLICATION FOR USE OF PUBLIC SCHOOL FACILITIES
All applications must be submitted to the school office at least thirty (30) days prior to requested use.
The organization or individual applying for the use of the Ridgewood Public School District’s facilities shall be referred to as the “Licensee”.
The Ridgewood Board of Education shall be referred to as the “Licensor.” The Licensee hereby makes application for the use of:
A. Facility Requested
Hawes Elementary School
Orchard Elementary School
Ridge Elementary School
Somerville Elementary School
Travell Elementary School
Willard Elementary School
Benjamin Franklin Middle School
George Washington Middle School
Ridgewood High School
FEE SCHEDULE: See attached Rental Fees for Use of School Facilities. *Organization will be billed for facility use entered into this form. The additional cost for custodial coverage will also be billed.
B. Space Requested
Indicate what other space is requested
C. Equipment Requested
Indicate how many of each equipment item above you need (i.e. 5 tables, etc.) or N/A
D. Purpose of Use
E. Dates of Use
F. Start Time
G. End Time
H. If there will be an audience, estimated number?
I. Will a registration and/or tuition fee be charged? If YES, please stop this application and contact Shelly Stanton at the Ridgewood Community School - (201)670-2700, Ext 17501
J. If this application is granted, please enter the organization/group name below if you agree to the following regulations:
Licensee agrees to:
1. Assume all liability for and agrees to indemnify and hold the Licensor, its respective members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteers, licensees or invitees, harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, injuries and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of, resulting from, or incurred in connection with any acts or omissions of the Licensee, its members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteers, licensees, or invitees related to its use of the Licensor’s facilities, including but not limited to, the Licensee’s use of any portable equipment.The Licensee will be responsible for the preservation of order and is liable for any damage or loss of property that may result from improper use of Licensor’s facilities. Licensee agrees to hold Licensor harmless and to indemnify Licensor against any and all claims for damages of any nature whatsoever, including claims by any third party related to COVID-19 and workers compensation claims to the extent that Licensor may become legally obligated to pay such claims arising out of or in connection with the Licensee’s use of the facilities, including reasonable costs and attorney fees to defend against any such claims, by reason of the illness, injury or death of any person or persons (including Licensor’s employees) or by reason of property damage to any property which arise from or in any manner connected to the use of the Licensor’s facilities by Licensee. Licensee agrees to abide by all County and State Department of Health guidelines, Executive Orders, and local health mandates with respect to COVID-19, including maintaining social distancing, capacity limits, and required use of personal protective equipment, such as face coverings.
2. Assume full responsibility for Bodily Injury and Property Damage incurred as a result of the acts or omissions of the Licensee, its members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteers, licensees, or invitees. The Licensee must present an insurance certificate guaranteeing property liability coverage of at least a Combined Single Limit of $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate insuring the Licensee against any liability for bodily injury and property damage. The Licensor shall be named as an additional insured on such insurance policy. A copy of the necessary insurance policy must be presented to the Licensor prior to the Licensee’s use of the facilities.
3. Assume responsibility for preserving order in said school during its use of the facilities, for all fees in connection with the Licensee’s use of the facilities, including when necessary, custodial fees.
4. Observe and adhere to all of the Licensor’s rules and regulations governing the use of the Licensor’s facilities as set forth in the Licensor’s policies and regulations. The foregoing policies and regulations are as much a part of this application and agreement as if they were attached hereto. Additional copies of said policies and regulations may be obtained at the Licensor’s Business Office. Any violation of these terms and conditions may result in the immediate expulsion of the Licensee from the Licensor’s facilities.
5. If school is closed due to inclement weather or other emergency Licensee’s event/function shall be cancelled.
6. If the Licensee is a “youth sports team organization”, as that term is defined by N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.5(b), the Licensee shall provide the Licensor with a statement of compliance with the Licensor’s Policy No. 2431.4 “Concussion Testing and Return-to-Play” for the management of concussions and other head injuries. As defined in N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.5(b) a “youth sports team organization” means one or more sports teams organized pursuant to a nonprofit or similar charter or which are member teams in a league organized by or affiliated with a county or municipal recreation department. All sports organizations must fill out the attached Statement of Compliance.
7. If the Licensee is a “youth sports team organization”, the Licensee shall provide the Licensor with a copy of their accident policy or certificate of insurance, guaranteeing proper accident coverage for the participants.
8. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.5, the Licensor, its employees, agents, and servants shall not be liable for the injury or death of a person arising from the presence and access to an automated external defibrillator, as well as the action or inaction of the Licensee or any of the Licensee’s members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteers, licensees, or invitees.
9. The Licensee, its members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteer’s licensees, or invitees hereby acknowledge that the requirements of N.J.S.A 18A:40-41a-c concerning automated external defibrillators apply to school-sponsored athletic events or team practices in which students of the district participate.
10. Pursuant to N.J.S.A 18a:40-41.5, the Licensor shall not be liable for the injury or death of a person due to the action or inaction of the Licensee’s members, agents, contractors, servants, employees, volunteers, licensees, or invitees.
11. All charges for the use of school facilities will be paid within thirty (30) days after the Licensee’s use of the facilities has concluded.
12. Any requested changes or modifications in this application and agreement for the use of facilities must be made in writing by the Licensee and approved by the Licensor at least seven (7) days in advance of the date scheduled for the use of facilities.
13. Permission to use the facilities may be rescinded or modified as outlined in the policy. School programs take precedence over any and all outside uses. NO PROGRAMS shall be scheduled on holidays (school, state, or national), during vacation period or during school recess unless specific prior written approval is granted and associated fees are determined. No activities are to be scheduled on a Saturday which immediately follows a Friday holiday.
I have read and hereby represent that the Licensee shall comply with any and all of the Licensor's rules, regulations and policies.
The Licensee has provided the aforementioned required certificates of insurance to the Licensor.
K. Print Name of Applicant
L. Telephone Number
M. Date of Application
N. Position with (Licensee) Organization Named Above
P. Email Address
RENTAL FEES FOR USE OF FACILITIES
RENTAL FEES FOR USE OF FACILITIES
Classroom and Elementary Auditorium fees are not inclusive of applicable temperature control and monitoring fees.
• Auditorium at Benjamin Franklin Middle School - $760 for use of the auditorium. In the event air conditioning is installed, a separate charge will be instituted. (tech support fee included)
Additional fee for use of classrooms – $63 per room per hour.
Auditorium rental fee is for a four-hour period; additional charges prorated.
Use of concert grand piano: $252 including tuning.
• Other Auditoriums
George Washington Middle School $ 467 (tech support fee included)
Elementary Auditoriums $ 230
Auditorium rental fee is for a four-hour period; additional charges prorated.
Library rental fee is for a four-hour period; additional charges prorated.
George Washington Middle School, Benjamin Franklin Middle School, and Ridgewood High School
Fee: $163 with auditorium rental
$315 without auditorium rental
Cafeteria rental fee is for a four-hour period; additional charges prorated.
All foods served from school kitchens must be prepared by the authorized food provider for the district. Arrangements may be made through the Business Office.
The rental of school gymnasiums for groups under proper supervision is on the basis of use during regular custodial working hours with no additional overtime costs and assumes a three-hour maximum use.
High School Gym #1 $405
High School Gym #2 $225
High School Gym #3 $225
Benjamin Franklin Middle School $225
George Washington Middle School (New) $405
George Washington Middle School (Old) $225
Elementary Schools $163
• Other Facilities
Board Room – Education Center $189
*Any custodial charges will be marked up by 11%.
General Regulations for the use of District Facilities
1. This permit is subject to cancellation if the building is required for school activities.
2. Permits for the use of school buildings shall be issued through the Secretary to the Board of Education. The Secretary’s office shall check with the building principal concerned before issuing a permit.
3. If facilities are not required after a permit has been issued, the reservation should be cancelled promptly with the
4. The Board of Education reserves the right to cancel any permit when in its opinion, it is deemed necessary.
5. The school buildings will not be available for community use during certain specific holidays because of the heavy maintenance and repair program functioning at the time.
6. The parties to whom a permit is granted must assume responsibility for any damage or loss of property that may
occur during their occupancy.
7. A sponsor for the organization, who will give his/her name to the custodian when the building is opened for use, must be present during their occupancy.
8. Adequate supervision of child and youth groups is required at all times.
9. No keys shall be issued to any organization.
10. Smoking is not allowed in any school building or on any school grounds.
11. No changes are to be made in the arrangements of the rooms or stage equipment without permission of the principal of the school.
12. Permit does not allow the use of any furniture, machine, apparatus or tools other than in the room or rooms rented, unless advance arrangements are made.
13. Permit does not include services of custodian except where such services are paid for as part of the rental fee.
The custodian is the overseer of school equipment, and services performed by him are not to be personal for the groups involved.
14. Custodians will require up to one hour before the start of the event and up to one hour after the event to setup/cleanup the facility. Entry by the applicant into the facility during these setup/cleanup times is prohibited.
15. Custodial overtime charges will reflect the actual time used for the rental as well as additional setup/cleanup hours. Any custodial charges will be marked up by 11%. A four hour minimum custodial charge is applicable for weekend usage.
16. No refreshments shall be served without prior arrangement by any group using the Middle or High School’s auditoriums.
17. ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE PERMITTED ON SCHOOL PROPERTY.
18. All fees including those assessed for special services are payable by cash or check to the Ridgewood Board of Education and will be received by the Secretary to the Board of Education.
19. In connection with the use of school facilities, police personnel must be arranged for and paid by the licensee when required for the proper protection of the building and grounds.
20. Regular rental fees can be obtained upon request, as well as, custodian overtime fees when regular fees have not
21. LICENSEE MUST GUARANTEE THE RENTAL TIME PERIOD NO LATER THAN 7 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT. AFTER THAT TIME PERIOD BILLING WILL BE BASED ON THE HOURS ORIGINALLY REQUESTED.
22. No alterations will be allowed to any audio visual equipment or lighting system. Groups may bring in additional lighting and equipment only with prior district approval.
23. All Village Fire and Police permits and documentation must be secured before issuing a permit.
24. If a school kitchen is requested, the applicant must retain the services of a cafeteria employee.
25. No permit shall be issued for the use of a facility if the purpose or the result of such specific use is a private profit to any individual or individuals or group. Instead, programs will be eligible to be operated through the Ridgewood Community School.
26. No event can exceed the room capacity in any facility.
27. Covid-19- A limited number of parents and guardians will be allowed for all indoor and outdoor high school and other youth sporting events. School Districts and other operators may choose to allow up to 2 parents/guardians per participating athlete under the age of 21 to attend practices and competitions, as long as attendance does not cause events to exceed the NJ State capacity limit. Public Health guidance must be adhered to.
IN THE EVENT THAT SCHOOL IS CLOSED FOR ANY REASON, THIS PERMIT IS AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED.
HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
The person/organization (licensee) submitting this application hereby assumes the entire responsibility and liability for any and all damages and/or injuries of any kind or nature whatsoever, to all persons, whether employees or otherwise and to property growing out of or resulting from the rental of buildings or any other property owned by the Board of Education of the Village of Ridgewood and for any and all damages and/or injuries of any kind which shall occur in connection therewith and Licensee agrees to indemnify, defend and save harmless the Board, their agents, servants and employees from and against any and all losses, expenses including legal fees and disbursements, damages or injuries occurring in connection with, or resulting from the use by Licensee, its agents, or employees, of any building or other property rented from the aforesaid Board arising under any law whatsoever, which may be in effect in the locality in which the work is situated or otherwise.
The licensee also assumes the entire responsibility and liability for damages and injuries of any kind or nature whatsoever, to all persons, whether employees or otherwise and to property arising out of or resulting from licensee’s operation, activities, or omissions and for any and all damages and injuries of any kind which shall occur in connection therewith.
The licensee agrees to indemnify, defend and save harmless the Board, its agents, expenses, loss or liability whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the operation, activities or omissions of the licensee, its employees and/or servants or agents in rental of the buildings or any other property owned by the Board of Education of the Village of Ridgewood, including, by way of example and not by way of limitation, any losses, expenses, including legal fees and disbursements, damages or injuries occurring in connection with, or resulting from the use by the licensee its servants, agents and/or employees, of any equipment, stock, appliances, implements, tools or machinery or any other property owned, rented borrowed by or assigned to the Board; provided, however, that the licensee’s obligation to indemnify the Board shall not apply to damage or injury resulting solely from the negligence of the Board, its employees, servants and/or agents.
NOTE: FOR PARTNERSHIPS AND UNINCORPORATED ASSOCIATIONS, AND CERTAIN OTHER NON-CORPORATE ENTITIES, ENTITIES, EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT COULD LEAD TO PERSONAL LIABILITY IN THE EVENT OF A CLAIM. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR ATTORNEY FOR ADVICE IN THIS REGARD.
I agree with these terms
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Ridgewood Public Schools.