On the evening of September 20th until the morning of September 24th, people from all over Wisconsin will be converging in Milwaukee to celebrate the National Voter Registration Day (9/20)
& the U.N. International Day of Peace (9/21)
and to help Milwaukee Pro-Democracy Groups help get people excited and ready to vote on or before Nov. 8th.
* Some of us will camp together starting on Sept. 20. (You are welcome to join us for any portion of these days.)
* On Sep. 20 we will kick off "National Voter Registration Day with pro-voting events on Milwaukee's West and East Sides.
* On Sep. 21 "Peace Day" - we will gather for a Unity Fire & more pro-voting events on Milwaukee's North and South Sides.
On each of these two days, we will share food, fellowship, and learning in a variety of ways.
* On Sept. 22 - we will follow the leadership of Milwaukee Pro-voting Groups and help voters get registered and ready to vote on/or before November 8th.
* If you would like to camp with us on any of the evenings of Sep. 20 - 22nd, please fill out this form.
*** Please note: While many of us will choose to share food in a potluck fashion, all participants are expected to be self-sufficient with providing for their own food needs and to also have their own plates, bowls, utensils, etc... while camping with us. On "World Peace Day" - Sept. 21st, we are planing for a fair amount of food donating and sharing to occur both at Alice's Garden & Jackson Park. More information is or will be available in the about document mentioned above.
*** Also, please note that there will be a cost for each night of camping. This fee is charged to us by the campgrounds. (We estimate that it will be approximately $15.00/per person/per night. There may also be an additional charges for each car that enters the park. Please call Timothy at 608-630-3633 if you can't afford to pay for the camping or parking fees.
*** Donations of any kind (cash, food, in-kind services, etc...) are very much needed to make this project work. Please give generously.