Write Away with Nat & PJ Submission Form
Write Away with Nat & PJ is open to submissions for each of our themed episodes until April 1, 2023. Response times will vary depending on how early you submit for a given theme (ex. submit on January 1st for May 15th and you may not hear from us until April if we are considering your piece).
Selected writers will have the opportunity to read their work on air and discuss it with the hosts. Is that scary? Maybe? Will it be fun? YEP! So don't let fear get in your way.
You don't have to be a professional radio host, or have a studio set up to submit. You just need a well lit room (or closet, that's been a thing before), headphones with a microphone function (no airpods please), and your voice! And we're always happy to walk you through all of this.
Submissions should be:
- 500-1000ish words
- on theme
- craft advice told with a story slant. Don't just tell us HOW, show us WHY
- bold, vulnerable, uplifting, frightening, unique, hilarious, angry, surprising, etc. We wanna read it! Especially if it paints an old idea in a new light
- fiction, creative nonfiction, personal essay all accepted
- written by you, obviously
- fully written, workshopped, and revised pieces. Our eyeballs thank you
- Queer, BIPOC, Neurodivergent, or otherwise marginalized writers are WELCOME & ENCOURAGED to submit
PLEASE DO NOT SEND US: Manifestos, anything that might be considered harmful or hateful to any group, mostly don't be a jerk.
This is a passion project for which we do not get paid, so while we'd love to give you money, all we have is our undying love and respect for your work at this time.
We do accept simultaneous submissions (though, do inform us if we miss the boat!), and previously published work is welcome so long as you have the rights. If selected, your piece will also be published on our blog, but all rights are reverted back to you. Do what you wish with it so long as we can keep it posted.
Questions? Concerns? Reach out to us on our website contact form.