Connecting to the Lasalle Community
This 5-minute survey aims to identify some of the main needs, wants and priorities of the community in a way that is representative of the full diversity of its population. The results will be used by Collective Community Services (CCS) to implement relevant outreach activities to the English-Speaking community. Moreover, these results will serve as a tool to encourage discussion with other stakeholders in providing them with a greater understanding of the needs of that community.
CCS is a not-for-profit organization working to improve the quality of life of individuals by significantly reducing isolation and effectively supporting those living in poverty.
With the support of the Community Health and Social Services Network and the Quebec Secretariat for Relations with English-Speaking Quebecers, CCS is undertaking efforts to broaden the scope of services, programs and activities we offer to the English-Speaking community of Lasalle.
Your participation in this survey is strictly voluntary and the information you provide will remain confidential. CCS-Montreal thanks you for your participation in this quick survey.
1) Do you have less than ten minutes to respond to this survey?
2) What is your age?
3) What gender do you identify as?
4) Are you a resident of Lasalle?
5) How long have you lived in Lasalle?
I am not a resident of Lasalle
One year or less
More than 16 years
6) What is your postal code?
7) Do you live alone?
8) Other than yourself, how many people live regularly in your household?
9) Do you have any children living with you? If so, what are their ages? Check all that apply.
I have no children living with me
31 years or more
10) What is your first language? Please print
11) Of Canada's two official languages, which do you use most frequently (First Official Language Spoken)?
12) Indicate which of the following applies to your situation
13) What is your level of annual income?
More than $64,000
14) What is your highest completed level of education?
15) Which of following have the most impact on your quality of life in Lasalle? Select 3
Local businesses (restaurants, stores, etc)
Quality affordable rental housing
Road safety and pedestrian safety
Artistic and cultural activities and events
Fresh and affordable food
Affordable sport and leisure activities
A clean environment
A sense of being involved in my community
16) Select three (3) services which you believe to be important not only to you but to your neighbourhood as a whole.
Services to help people learn the French language
Services to support people looking for work (how to write a CV, mock interviews etc.)
Services to help people understand their legal rights (with the police, with landlords etc.)
Services and activities for senior citizens
Services and activities for recently-arrived immigrants to Canada
Services and activities for people with physical and developmental disabilities
After school homework help programs
Services to help youth aged 16-24 finish high school
Educational programs for residents on public safety
17) Why do you feel that the services you selected are important to your neighbourhood?
18) Have you used any of the services listed in Question 16? Which?
19) Since living in Lasalle, have you encountered any challenges in accessing social and community services listed in Questions 15 and 16? Check all that apply
Service was not available at all
Service required too great a distance to travel
Service was too costly
Service did not provide options for childcare
Services were not available in English
Services were not accessible to public transport
I am new to the community and don't know what is available
The services offered were not useful to me
20) What services are not available to you in Lasalle that you need most? Maximum of three (3) services (please exclude health services as these will be the subject of a future survey)
21) Are you aware of Community organizations in Lasalle? If so which ones?
22) Had you heard of CCS Montreal before taking this survey?
23) Do you have any additional comments?
If you are not completing this survey online or with the help of an agent, you can send or deliver the completed survey to 451 Rue de l’Église, #200 Montreal QC H4G 2M6 to the attention of Riley Dalys-Fine. Note that this survey will run until Friday, November 22nd at 3 PM.
If you would like more information about the Enhancing Regional Community Capacity project, please contact Antoinette Henry, Community Worker at
or 514-937-5351 extension 210.
Thank you for your participation!
This initiative is made possible through funding from the Secretariat for Relations with English-Speaking Quebecers. The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the views of the gouvernement du Québec.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service