NJACAC 2020 Conference Grant Application
The New Jersey Association for College Admission Counseling is pleased to announce that through the generosity of our sponsors, financial support is now available to NJACAC members who assist students in the transition to college. The available funds are intended to provide assistance to members who might otherwise be unable to participate in professional development opportunities. The funds will cover partial costs for the events and must be applied to registration or lodging costs. Grants are available to attend any one of the following events:
-- NJACAC ANNUAL CONFERENCE, May 18-19, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Atlantic City, NJ
-- NACAC NATIONAL CONFERENCE, September 24-26, 2020, Minneapolis, MN.
Grants will be awarded as follows:
1. Recipient(s) is chosen after submitting an application and meeting all stated criteria.
2. Grants are received in the form of reimbursement up to the amount awarded. Receipts and proof of attendance should be documented on the NJACAC reimbursement form and submitted to NJACAC after the event.
3. If you are awarded an Imagine Grant from NACAC to attend the NACAC National Conference, you are not eligible to apply for, or receive, an NJACAC Grant to attend the NACAC Conference.
4. Members are NOT ELIGIBLE to receive a grant award from NJACAC for two (2) consecutive years.
5. Preference will be given to counselors working with underrepresented populations in college admissions.
6. Preference will be given to those who have never received a grant before, or have never attended one of the events.
In addition to the application below, candidates MUST submit:
1. Written approval from their immediate supervisor to attend the requested conference.
2. Verification of your employer's willingness to cover all or partial costs of attendance or a statement of your own intention to pay for any costs not covered by the grant award.
These materials should be scanned & emailed to (paper submissions WILL NOT be accepted):
Application Deadline: March 25, 2020
Please note: Name and email address on grant application below must be the same as your NJACAC membership registration.
Name of Applicant
Are you a current member of NJACAC?
To which conference are you seeking a grant?
NJACAC Annual Conference, Atlantic City, NJ (May 18-19)
NACAC Annual Conference, Minneapolis, MN (Sept 24-26)
Which best describes your current position (must be one of the following to qualify for a grant)?
Transfer counselor or transfer academic advisor
Four-year college admissions representative
Community college admissions representative
Graduate student pursuing studies in school counseling or higher education
Current place of employment:
Are you a current member of NACAC?
Have you attended the NJACAC Conference in the past? If yes, please indicate year(s)
Please indicate your involvement in NJACAC and/or NACAC. List volunteer, committee or board work.
Please indicate your involvement in any other related professional associations.
In 400 words or less, discuss the value of attending a conference in relation to your professional development and benefit to your students. Also, please state why you think you are qualified to receive this grant.
Grant recipients must fulfill service in return to NJACAC. Please select which of the following you will do if selected as a grant recipient:
Submit a workshop proposal for the 2021 NJACAC Annual Conference and present if selected
Volunteer at Camp College
Volunteer at College Key
Volunteer for one or more sessions at National College Fair in Atlantic City
Volunteer for one or more sessions at National College Fair at the Meadowlands Expo Center
Volunteer for the 2021 Conference Committee
Volunteer for any other NJACAC committee
Present at the Basics of College Admissions Workshop (if approved)
Volunteer for the summer Bus Tour
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of NJACAC.