Event Timing: 9:00pm showtime (8:30pm performer call time).
Event Date: Friday, June 9, 2023.
Event Address: Barley Mow (2444 Parkdale Ave, Brockville)
Please send music to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Thursday, June 8 at 11:59pm.
This is the performer application for the 2023 Brockville Pride Drag Competition. Please relay any questions to: email@example.com
The event will go as follows: Each performer will perform their first number. After all participants perform first number, please change into evening gown attire to answer a few questions. (Ex: why you want to be Brockville Pride Royalty, what do you like about Pride Week, etc). After intermission, each performer will perform their second number and the winner will be crowned after raffles at the end of the night. Finished by 11:00pm.
MR/MS/MS Brockville Pride is crowned by the judges for best lip-sync technique, costume & overall performances. Congeniality is crowned by audience vote.
Title holding responsibilities:
- TITLE WINNER & CONGENIALITY WINNER must attend 2 future events on behalf of Brockville Pride (ex: Pride Parade on Sat. June 10/2023, Santa Claus Parade, etc.) during their reign as royalty.
- Failure to attend 2 events during their reign (until Drag Competition of 2024), will result in disqualification of title and will be required to pay back any earnings from the 2023 Drag Competition.
-Performers will be required to arrive at the event ready to perform.
-Performers may wait in the green room until their numbers. Each performer gets free entry & 1 free entry dresser/assistant to remain with them in the green room.
-Winner of MR/MS/MX Brockville Pride title receives a $100 cash prize, a crown and bragging rights.
-Winner of MR/MS/MX Congeniality titles receives a $150 cash prize.
1) Be available to perform on Friday, June 9 at 9:00pm.
2) Have reliable transportation to/from the event.
3) Prepare 2 drag lip-sync performances and answer typical pageant style questions.
4) Submit all music to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Thursday, June 8 at 11:59pm. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the competition.
5) Ophelia Upp Shows & event producers reserve the right to deny entry, or disqualify any performers for any reasoning deemed acceptable.
6) The PERFORMER will show appropriate conduct while attending the event and to all
PRODUCER staff/volunteers/committee members. Any conduct deemed inappropriate will
result in removal from event and could lead to denial from future events/bookings.
7) Any concerns or questions must be communicated with Ophelia Upp Shows prior to the event start time.
Any and all information collected in this document remains confidential between Ophelia Upp Shows & event producers.