Prism Small Group Audition
Part of the magic of Prism comes from the variety of ensembles performing all around the auditorium. Every year students put together small ensembles to "audition" by video for the opportunity to be featured on the Prism Concerts. The WVHS Music Department encourages students to take their musicianship to the next level by organizing a small group to audition.
Here are some guidelines to consider:
1) Performances should be no longer than 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
2) Consider repertoire carefully. Will your piece bring variety to the concert? Is it a piece being performed by another group (ask your director)?
3) Consider video and audio quality. Make sure the camera/phone can capture all the performers and record a decent blend of the sounds.
4) Be aware that the videos are usually due by the beginning of November. Have a plan for rehearsing and recording your group so that you will be able to submit a video on time.
5) When in doubt, as your director for help!