To elevate the appeal and diversity of content on District 219's cable television channel by giving students the opportunity to independently and collaboratively produce programming for the channel. Student producers will be responsible for covering student life and District events so community members can learn about all that District 219 has to offer.
Student producers will be responsible for:
- producing original content for cable channel 16/21
(from idea to finished product)
- planning, recording, and editing material as assigned,
as well as creating content from their own ideas
- assisting other producers with their programming
- solving logistical, technical, and creative problems
- coverage of school and District-wide events for the
District TV channel
- other duties as required
- Models good leadership qualities
- Shows good judgment about program content and adhering
to school and community standards
- Has a good attendance, discipline, and academic record
- Is able to troubleshoot technology calmly and effectively
- Demonstrates patience and tact when working with people
- Can effectively tell a story using audio and video
- Basic understanding of the language of video storytelling
and the tools used to create programming
- Available five hours a week, during and/or after school.
- After school hours are from 3:30 until 5:00 pm. with some
opportunities for evening hours (concerts, public events).
Student must arrange for their own transportation to and
from home when working these events.
- Community Service acknowledgment on High School
Transcripts when applying for college
- Opportunity to create material of value to the community
- Gain valuable, real-world experience and knowledge with
video capture and post-production tools
- Create a portfolio of programming to capitalize on, and
demonstrate, your skills
- Please fill out the form below
- Please have one of your current teachers email a
short recommendation to:
Note: Applicants will be required to meet with Cable TV producer for a brief interview, to gauge your knowledge. This interview will have a small impact on the overall application process.
Please use your school Google email account.
If you have any questions, stop by the AAL Help Desk and ask for Mr. Hoffman (West) or Mr. Henderson (North).