Resident Food Equity Advisor 2020 Application
The Resident Food Equity Advisors is a new initiative by Salt Lake City’s Sustainability Department focused on creating an equitable community food system. Resident Food Equity Advisors (RFEA) are residents who will influence and shape the City’s food related policies and plans through inclusive community engagement.
Up to 16 Advisors will be selected through an application and interview process. The group will meet monthly to share information about their food experiences, outline challenges to eating healthy food, and create solutions that will address the unique needs of their community.
Key Responsibilities and Commitment
- Attend RFEA meetings once a month, March through October
- Maintain communication with Project Manager (meetings, phone, email, etc.)
- Engage with your community outside of meetings to gather feedback and input (i.e., 2 hours/month)
- Review required materials prior to each meeting (i.e., 1 hour/month)
- Meetings will be once a month March through October
- Participants will be compensated $40 for each meeting they attend
- Meetings will last approximately 3 hours including mealtime
- Meals and childcare will be provided
- Translation and transportation assistance is available with prior notice
- There will be an 8 hour retreat in the summer. Participants will be compensated $120 for participation
- Meetings will be scheduled on the same day each month, however, the exact day/time will be determined by the advisors
- Able to attend all meetings on time
- At least 18 years old
- Prepared to provide feedback
- Active and engaged in their community
- Interested in food issues and desire to influence policy
Applications are due on February 21, 2020
If you have any questions or need help filling out this application, contact Supreet Gill, Project Manager at
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service