RCIA30 - REGISTRATION FORM 2020/2021
In person session starts on Tuesday, 22 Sept 2020, 8pm at Dewan Volle, Church of the Assumption PJ
What is RCIA?
The Catholic Church always welcomes new members into its community. The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a process by which adults enter into the Roman Catholic faith.
For whom is the RCIA?
RCIA is for individuals, 18 years and older, who are not baptized or baptized in another Christian denomination. Baptized Catholics not yet catechized for Sacraments of Confirmation and Holy Eucharist will also find the RCIA suitable.
What goes on during the RICA Process?
1. The process begins with weeks of inquiry during which, questions about the core beliefs of the Catholic Church are raised. After this initial period, participants are asked to affirm their decision to continue the process.
2. Then those who are ready and interested, are introduced to a systematic study of scriptures, sacraments and rituals, church history, morals and prayer. During this period, known as the “catechumenate”, inquirers ask various questions about the Catholic faith and life which the Priests and RCIA facilitators will present and clarify. This period allows participants the opportunity to examine their commitment to the process through regular attendance at weekly sessions, participation in parish ministries and building up their relationship with Jesus by regularly devoting time for bible study, personal prayer and reflection.
3. Candidates are never pressured or obliged to become Catholic. However, for those committed, the next step is an intense period of prayer and reflection (normally during Lent) leading to the Easter Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Eucharist (customarily at Easter vigil).
4. After receiving the Easter sacraments, the process is completed through a period of reflection and prayer along with the Catholic community, experiencing living as a Catholic Christian participating at Sunday mass and other traditional devotions and outreach programs. The whole process normally ends at Pentecost when the newly baptized are “sent” to “make disciples of all nations.”
5. For those who are not proficient in the English language, please enquire regarding the availability of sessions in Bahasa Malaysia or Mandarin.
AGE (DATE OF BIRTH)
This program is for adult inquirer ABOVE 18 years of age in 2020
*RCIA Program is strictly for non-Muslim.
Atheist (not believing in God)
NAME OF SPONSOR AND CONTACT NUMBER (if any)
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service