Penn State Sustainability Pledge
Thank you for participating in the Penn State Sustainability Pledge. As we mark the 50th anniversary of Earth Day and the current "Decade of Action," Nittany Lions from every campus and from every affiliation--students, faculty, staff, alumni, family, and friends--are working together to advance a sustainable future for all. By entering your pledges here, you are making a public commitment to join them in this critical effort. We are . . . sustainable. WE ARE . . . Penn State!
Your Penn State affiliation:
We would like to share people's pledges publicly to encourage more Nittany Lions to join in this effort. Would you be willing to have your pledges shared on our website or in other communications? (If you select "no," we may anonymously quote your pledge in some communications with no identifying information.)
Personal Action Pledge
Personal actions both help to make our own impacts more sustainable and to change social norms about how we can all live together. Examples of personal actions include:
• eating a more plant-rich diet (which contributes both to better health and reduces greenhouse gas emissions)
• commuting by bike, walking or public transportation (which is cheaper, healthier and reduces greenhouse gas emissions)
• replacing plastics with sustainable alternatives (which makes production and consumption systems more sustainable)
What is one personal action you pledge to take in the coming year to advance a sustainable future?
Collective Action Pledge
Collective actions move the needle on sustainability for society as a whole. Examples of collective actions include:
• voting in elections based on sustainability (supporting candidates who pledge to act on values you share)
• participating in local government (attending council meetings and commenting on local government proposals)
• joining community groups and campaigns (advocating on issues like transportation, food, energy, water and land use)
What is one collective action you pledge to take in the coming year to advance a sustainable future?
(optional) Complete this sentence to describe why these pledges are important to you. “I’m making these pledges today (so that/because)…”
Your Penn State campus affiliation:
Hershey Medical Center
PA College of Technology
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of psu.edu.