2020 Lunch at the Library Informational Workshop
Lunch at the Library Informational Workshop
Monday, January 27th, 2020 | 10:00am-3:30pm
Ovitt Family Community Library | 215 E C St, Ontario, CA 91764
Workshop facilitator: Virginia Walter
Travel reimbursement available
PLEASE REGISTER BY JANUARY 22, 2020
This step-by-step Lunch at the Library workshop is designed to give you the information you need to launch a successful summer meal program in 2020. It is designed for libraries interested in starting a summer meal program for the first time, or for libraries seeking to expand and enhance an already existing summer meal program.
Topics covered will include:
- the logistics of getting started
- finding and working with meal sponsors
- creating an inviting space
- outreach to families
- programs to complement the meal service
- working with volunteers
- gaining staff and leadership buy-in
- implementation with limited staffing and resources
- engaging community partners
- pop-up library programming at meal sites in the community
Lunch at the Library funding is available for Summer 2020!
- $5000 seed funds for brand new jurisdictions.
- $3000 for new sites added by participating jurisdictions
- Funds to strengthen and enhance participating sites
- Funds to take pop-up library programming out to community meal sites (e.g. recreation centers, school sites, etc.)
For more information on funding please visit:
Lunch at the Library is a project of the California State Library, supported with funds from the State of California. Lunch at the Library was developed by the California Library Association and the California Summer Meal Coalition, with support from the David and Lucile Packard Foundation.
Library Jurisdiction Name
City, State, Zip Code
Contact Phone Number
Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions/allergies. If you have no restrictions, please check "No Restrictions."
What would you most like to learn about or discuss at this workshop? Please be as specific as possible to help us with planning.
Please tell us how far along you are in your summer meal planning, e.g. are you still exploring the idea of providing summer meals? Have you started planning? Do you have a partnership with a meal sponsor who will provide the meals? This information will help us tailor the workshop to your needs.
Funds are available to cover attendees' travel to this workshop. Please indicate if you will need travel assistance.
I will need travel assistance
I will not need travel assistance
If you answered "Yes" to needing travel funds to help you attend the workshop, please indicate what type of assistance is needed (hotel, travel, meals, etc.) and provide an estimate of how much assistance might be needed.
Is there anything else you would like us to know?
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service