Each lesson is designed to have you watch the short video BEFORE taking the quiz. In this way you will be more likely to retain the information in this lesson.
Your results will immediately be emailed to you. Keep these emails for your record so you can prove completion of this lesson. When all lessons from both the Old and the New Testament are completed you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in Bible Literacy. Contact us at
with final results.
If you like the book of 2 Peter, you might want to learn more. Click the following link to go deeper in the book of 2 Peter:
1. Which Roman emperor was responsible for the death of Peter?
2. The letter of 2 Peter acts as what?
Peter's book of wisdom literature
Peter's farewell speech
Peter's presidential speech
3. God's invitation for believers is to become...
Men who can one day be exalted to a god
Rich and famous
Servants of Zeus
Participants in the divine nature of God
4. What is the crowning trait that Peter encourages his readers to strive for?
5. What was the first objection that Peter addresses?
The right to carry a weapon
Skeptics were saying the Apostles made up the story of Jesus' resurrection
Objections to the idea that salvation is by faith alone
Some believers were saying Paul was a better Apostle than Peter
6. Peter was trying to correct the teachers who were using their freedom in Christ as what?
A license to speed
A license to steal
A license to kill
A license to sin
7. Instead of the question, "When is Jesus going to return?" we should really be asking...
Why are there so many unbelievers in the world?
Why is God taking so long?
What is the purpose of the universe?
When is Taco Tuesday?
8. What does the Greek word "Stoicheia" mean?
Higher than our thoughts
More likely, "Heavenly bodies" or "Stars"
It is actually a Greek cuss word
It means to believe in Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins
9. What does Peter say about Paul's writings?
They are simple and child-like
They are a mystery that will never be solved
They can be misunderstood if you rip them out of context
They are false teachings about Jesus and should be rejected
10. Peter's passion comes from the conviction that God loves this world and is determined to rescue it through Jesus.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service