SHOOTING HOME YOUTH AWARDS 2018: SUBMISSION FORM
Photography Mentorship Programme for Youths
Submission deadline 1 October 2018.
Selection results: Submissions will be reviewed by the faculty and participants will be informed of their selection by 26 October 2018.
#1 - 24 November 2018, Saturday, 12pm - 5pm
#2 - 1 December 2018, Saturday, 12pm - 5pm
#3 - 4 December 2018, Tuesday, 12pm - 5pm
#4 - 6 December 2018, Thursday, 12pm - 5pm
#5 - 8 December 2018, Saturday, 1pm - 6pm
Exhibition: July / August 2019
Selected participants must be committed to attending all the workshop sessions, exhibition set-up and related guided tours/public talks. Participants should also make time to meet up with mentors during the year and in preparation for their reunion show.
All workshops and critique sessions will take place at Objectifs, 155 Middle Road, Singapore 188977.
(3) Photographic Equipment
Participants are expected to bring their own DSLR camera. Students who do not have a DSLR should inform us, so that we can assist in making alternate arrangements.
(4) Editing and Presentation
Participants will edit their individual work in consultation with their mentors and as a class. Basic editing techniques will be covered during the workshop.
(5) Critique and Sharing
Participants and mentors are expected to approach the workshop with an open mind, and the common objective is for each to become better. The workshop atmosphere is geared towards one of healthy and open exchange.
All images shot during the workshop remain the property of the individual photographers. The organisers request that photographers waive the rights to payment when they are used for related marketing purposes.
Participants are expected to have an understanding of the fundamentals of photography. The mentors will be looking at the direction, strength and background of the photographer and portfolio as a whole rather than judging the merits of each photo in the portfolio.
Participants will also be selected based on their level of interest in photography, be it as an academic or future career option.
The selection process is as follows:
Stage 1: Submission of application forms and portfolio
- Applicants must submit a portfolio of up to 20 images, that best represents their work/artistic vision. Images must be uploaded to an online gallery. Please send us the URL to the gallery in the form below. DO NOT send us files for download or by email. Please keep your portfolio to 20 images as we will not review anything above that.
- This online form and the link to your online portfolio must be submitted by 1 OCTOBER 2018, 11.59PM .
Stage 2: Selection
- All applicants will be notified of the selection decision by 26 October 2018.
- Participants should be between the ages of 15 to 23 years old.
- Participants need to be Singapore residents – the Shooting Home Youth Awards is open to all students in Secondary, Junior College/Pre-U, Tertiary and International schools.
A non-refundable workshop fee of S$70 will be required of selected participants. Payment must be made within one week of notification. We accept payment in cash, cheque, Nets or credit card. We are able to e-invoice schools directly, should payment be made by the school.
Two scholarships (for the full payment of the workshop fees) will also be offered for the Shooting Home Youth Awards. If you wish to apply for this scholarship, please indicate so on the registration form. Disbursement of this scholarship is at the full discretion of Objectifs.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service