Thanks for your interest in #BollywoodMonster Mashup - the LARGEST South Asian festival in Canada.
- 2022: Over 2x the size of Canada Day at Mississauga Celebration Square and rated the #1 festival at Celebration Square by the City of Mississauga
- 2020: Won Virtual Festival of the Year (MARTY)
- 2019: Won Festival of the Year (MARTY)
- 2018: Rated the #1 festival at Celebration Square by the City of Mississauga
All performers who apply may also be considered for one of a select few slots in #MonsterMasterclass, our business & marketing mentorship program for professional artists practicing South Asian art forms
We welcome submissions from people of all diverse backgrounds.
We're looking for:
- Live bands with singers (If you're a professional solo singer or professional solo instrumentalist, please consider applying to the #BollywoodMonster Orchestra by going HERE)
- Dance troupes for the main stage
- Visual artists for interactive family activities
We prioritize acts embodying the 3 foundations of our festival:
- Bollywood: Does your art reflect the genres of traditional Hindi cinema or contemporary Bollywood?
- Monster: Does your art push boundaries or have impressive production and audience engagement?
- Mashup: Does your art incorporate other genres, whether South Asian (e.g., Kollywood, Bhangra, Garba, etc.) or non-South Asian (e.g., Hip-hop, Waacking, Choral, etc.)
How do I get a slot at the festival?
- Submit your act early. The deadline to apply is the end of Feb. All acts must be family-friendly as per the City of Mississauga policies (e.g. no profanity, no 18+ content/themes, etc.).
- We'll contact short-listed acts on a rolling basis to confirm availability for the festival dates and potential artist fees. If you're contacted at this stage, it does not mean you're guaranteed a slot.
- We'll send selected acts a formal performance agreement. Your slot will only be confirmed once you accept the performance agreement and return it to us on time.
Please keep in mind that the number of acts who apply is much greater than the number of performance slots available each year. If you're not short-listed or selected this year, it doesn't necessarily mean you're not a match for the festival in a future year.
Thank you for your patience as we get through the volume of submissions.