Scientist, Computational Chemistry - software development
Acellera is looking for an exceptionally talented computational chemistry scientist with high interest in software development to join our Barcelona development team. Specifically we are looking for a computer-aided design enthusiast with solid experience in structure-based drug design as it applies to hit generation and lead optimization.
Acellera’s mission is to accelerate the transition to computerized drug discovery. Our team is focused on delivering state-of-the art applications for computational drug discovery via the Playmolecule platform. Founded in 2006, we were one of the first companies worldwide to leverage the use of novel accelerator processor technology (GPU). We have had collaborations with Novartis, Pfizer, UCB, Janssen and Biogen and our software is used by hundreds of users both in academia and pharma companies. Our headquarters are in London (UK) and the R&D centre is located within the informatic and innovation hub in Barcelona (Spain). Our software includes PlayMolecule, ACEMD, HTMD, KDEEP, etc. In particular, PlayMolecule is the first platform to offer molecular dynamics and machine learning applications for drug discovery with a specific focus on drug design.
Please be aware that before applying to this position you need to have a valid work permit/visa to work in Spain.
● The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of software development fundamentals and test-driven development experience
● A scientific background in computational Chemistry, Biology or Physics
● Previous experience or interest in adopting software engineering best practices
● Provide demonstration of optimal use of our software suites and scientific guidance to our customers and leads
● Engage in cutting edge scientific research, both internal and in collaboration with customers to optimize the drug discovery process via state-of-art simulation and machine learning methods
● Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
Required qualifications include:
● PhD in Computational Chemistry, Biophysics, or related fields
● Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience
● Experience using AI/Machine learning models for drug design
● Unix/Linux and Python experience
● Capable of writing clear, highly organized, and maintainable code
● Peer-reviewed publications in relevant fields
● Excellent English language skills
Desirable qualifications include:
● Experience applying molecular simulations and QM methods in model validation
● Experience in modeling small molecules and proteins
● C/C++ or Go programming experience
● Full time, permanent contract. Start date Q3-Q4 2019.
● A competitive salary, aligned to market practices and cost of living in Barcelona.
● Flexible environment with a good balance between professional and personal life.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Acellera Ltd.