#IAmAWomanInSTEM at UK - Call for Volunteer Mentors
The #IAmAWomanInSTEM steering team seeks new volunteers from female faculty or professional staff in STEM-related disciplines to serve as a mentor to undergraduate women at the University of Kentucky. We are partners with the Million Women Mentors (
) who recommend that you consider getting together with your mentee for 20 hours in a single year - this has shown to have significant impact on student and career success for women in STEM. We let our #IAmAWomanInSTEM mentor/mentees choose how and when they meet. But we encourage everyone to connect and express their expectations for the other so that there are no misunderstandings. This is a very informal relationship and is only expected to last as long as the two parties agree it is worthwhile.Please share out our message with those who might be willing to support the initiative.
What is your name and preferred title?
What is your field of expertise in STEM, your department (or company) and address?
If you agree to serve in the #IamaWomanInSTEM intiative as a mentor, we will include you in our GoogleGroup - what is your preferred email address for logging in to Google?
Would you support the initiative in other ways?
Yes, I would be willing to co-teach the UK300 service-learning and leadership course. Please send me the syllabus at your earliest convenience.
Yes, sign me up to serve on the Steering Team (monthly meetings)
Yes, I would like to help plan for new funding resources, e.g., student scholarships, honoraria for speakers
I will donate to UK Philanthropy some funding earmarked for the #IAmAWomanInSTEM initiative
The #IAmAWomanInSTEM leadership team includes:
* Shelby Albers, Analytics Developer, UK Information Services, 2016 UK alumnae (Mathematics major)
* Heather Campbell, Mechanical Engineering major (STEM Groups Organizer)
* Michelle Cassin, CEO, 180 Aspire LLC
* Kate Collins, Physics major
* Liz Debski, Associate Professor, Department of Biology, UK College of Arts & Sciences
* Kate Eddens, Assistant Professor, Health Behavior, UK College of Public Health
* Isabel Escobar, Professor, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, College of Engineering
* Randolph Hollingsworth, Assistant Provost, UK Provost's Office of Academic Excellence
* Destiny Luttrell, Computer Science major
* Mollye Malone, Biology major (Vice President of #IAmAWomanInSTEM student organization)
* Margaret Mohr-Schroeder, Associate Professor, STEM Education, UK College of Education
* Dana Niedowicz, Research Scientist, UK Sanders-Brown Center on Aging
* Caylyn Railey, Biology major
* Thushani Rodrigo-Peiris, Kentucky Bridge to a Biomedical Doctorate Program Administrator, UK College of Medicine
* Ndeye Thiaw, Biology major (President of #IAmAWomanInSTEM student organization)
* Hannah Thompson, Biology major
* Beth Young, Graduate Student and Teaching Assistant, Department of Biology, UK College of Arts & Sciences
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service