Kid's Clean Recipe Contest
The Bardstown Road Farmers' Market and Slow Food Bluegrass are collaborating on a Kid's Clean Recipe Contest this summer! Children will plan, select and prepare a nutritious, attractive and clean lunch recipe using seasonal ingredients sourced from the Bardstown Road Farmers' Market. Clean food is defined as nutritious food that is as good for the planet as it is for our bodies. Clean food includes whole foods that are as close to their natural form as possible.
All recipes must be submitted by July 31, 2017. The top 10 finalists will be announced August 5th, and winners will be announced August 12th during the “Slow Saturday” event at the Bardstown Road Farmers' Market.
Kids under the age of 14 are eligible, with written consent from a parent/guardian.
• Contestants must use seasonal ingredients sourced from the Bardstown Road Farmers' Market.
• Contestants must provide ingredients and directions for an original recipe. Please do not copy a recipe out of a
cookbook or webpage.
• The child may enlist assistance from his/her family members in working on and testing the recipe.
• Please include a picture of the finished product.
• All recipes and photos become property of Slow Food Bluegrass and the Bardstown Road Farmers’ Market and will
not be returned. By entering this contest, you grant Slow Food Bluegrass and the Bardstown Road Farmers’ Market
the right to edit for clarity and publish the photo and recipe, with credit, in all forms of media and in all manners for
advertising, promotion, solicitation or any other lawful purpose.
Winner Selection & Notification
• The judges panel will consist of 2 Bardstown Road Farmers' Market Board members, 2 Slow Food Bluegrass Board
members and 3 local celebrity judges.
• Judges will review and score all eligible submissions based on the following criteria:
o Creativity & originality
o Healthy nutritional value of the recipe
• Judging will take place in July with the top 10 finalists to be announced in August 5th. The finalists will bring their dish
to the August 12th market to present to the judges. The winners will be announced during this “Slow Saturday” event
at the Bardstown Road Farmers' Market on August 12th. (more details to follow)
STEP 1: Parent or Guardian's Information
Parent or Guardian's First Name:
Parent or Guardian's Last Name:
Parent or Guardian's Email Address:
STEP 2: Child's Information
(If you are entering the contest on behalf of more than one child, please submit a separate entry for each child)
Child's First Name:
Child's Last Name:
Child's Age (must be under the age of 14):
What Do You Like About the Farmers Market?
STEP 3: Recipe Information
Tell Us About Your Recipe (what inspired you to create it?):
Step-By-Step Prep Instructions:
STEP 4: Picture
Please send a photo of your child's dish to
by July 31st.
By checking here, I hereby agree (on behalf of myself and my child) that I have had the opportunity to review the official rules and agree to be bound by them. I agree to be contacted by the press for interviews if my child is selected as a finalist or winner and I understand that all submissions are final.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service