Please tell us in the form, as well as you can in your own words, how your nominee meets the following criteria. You may use your direct experience or information from the entity’s website. Keep in mind that there are other nominees, so be as complete as possible. The better your idea measures up, the better likelihood it will be approved for the limited Sharing the Plate slots.
To the extent possible, tell us HOW your nominee is focused on issues of social justice in the following ways. Does it:
* promote fair and equal treatment for all?
* empower marginalized communities?
* reduce poverty, racism, or homophobia?
* improve public education?
* aid the elderly?
* reduce violence?
* preserve the environment?
* promote community health and wellness? and
* is it non-profit, non-partisan, and preferably incorporated with the 501c(3) tax status?
Additional criteria you might address to advance your STP candidate are:
1. Does the organization or project promote positive change in nearby communities?
2. Does the organization or project already involve USG members or provide opportunities for USG members to become involved as participants?
3. Does the organization or project support UUA or UUA affiliated initiatives?
4. Does the organization or project provide opportunities for USG collaborate with other religious organizations in nearby communities?