Sustianable StartUps Event registration
Event Timing: Friday, 15th May, 2020 16:00-18:30
TU Delft Email
Are you a member of the Delft SEA
Due to the event being conducted in zoom, the interaction of students with startups are conducted in breakout rooms. To ensure smooth flow and to avoid delays students will be assigned to these breakout room ahead of time. Given below is a short desciption of each of startups attending. Please read the descriptions carefully and make your choice accordingly. You will be able to switch rooms later on in the event but we request you to keep your changes to a minimum for ease of logistics.
The companies are as follows:
1. Kitepower: Is a leading start-up in airborne wind energy, developing innovative and cost-effective alternatives to existing wind turbines by using kites to generate electricity. Its patented technology is a game-changer in the wind energy sector; it uses 90% less material while being twice as efficient than existing technology. Unlike conventional wind turbines, the Kitepower system does not require resource-intensive towers or heavy foundations and is thus easy to transport and deploy. The system is able to harness stronger and more persistent winds at higher altitudes, allowing for capacity factors greater than 0.5 and in return cost-effective electricity generation, this opens up new geographical markets for the generation of wind energy. The 100kW system currently in development is ideally suited to replace diesel generator sets in remote locations to save costs and mitigate dependency on diesel supply.
2. AquaBattery B.V: AquaBattery B.V has developed the Blue Battery! This is the only electrical storage system that is 100% sustainable. We have developed an innovative product that stores electricity solely using water and table salt. Our invention will revolutionize the energy storage world and it will foster the growth of renewable energy technologies around the globe.
3. aQysta: aQysta envisions sustainable technologies to revolutionize agriculture and enhance food security in the world. We develop high-tech solutions and implement them in a novel way for the underprivileged people of the world.
aQysta has developed hydro-powered irrigation systems, a sustainable solution that does not use any fuels and can be operated at zero operating cost.
5. PHYSEE technologies: They produce a future-proof glass facade for next-generation sustainable buildings.
Their SmartSkin can autonomously power, sense and regulate your building’s climate. It intelligently creates a comfortable and sustainable environment tailored to the customer.
6. ZEF B.V. - Zero Emission Fuels: ZEF focuses on the development of an innovative methanol production plant capable of producing synthetic methanol from nothing more than air and sunlight. They have developed a fully automated, modular, air to methanol micro-plant which will be connected directly to a solar panel.
7. DC Opportunities R&D: They are actively involved in the research for DC microgrids and DC distribution grids. Their major topics of interest include Solid State Protection, Grounding, Islanding, Meshed DC Grids, Bidirectional DC/DC Converters, USB Type-C with power delivery and Dynamic Pricing / Demand Response. Some of their currently running projects are Modular Solar Home Systems for Rural Electrification, DCDA – DC Domestic Appliances and FLEXDC – Flexible Meshed DC Grid.
Which company would you like to select? (Pick one)
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service