This event will take place on Monday, February 3rd, 2014 at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center (190 Marietta St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303) in International Ballroom A. This forum will take place from 1pm to 4pm EST. The cost to attend is free.
Agenda (Times in EST)
1:00 – 1:10: Welcome and introduction, including objectives of the forum and ground rules - Chris Strager (Director OCWWS)
1:10 – 1:20: EF-Scale policy and Steering Committee overview - Jim LaDue (WDTB)
1:20 – 2:30: Discussion on the EF-Scale in its current form lead by Russ Schneider (Director Storm Prediction Center) with brief remarks made by a panel of EF-Scale Rating Steering Committee members
- Government – Rick Smith, Warning Coordination Meteorologist, Norman, OK
- Private Industry – Tim Marshall, Meteorologist and Principal Engineer, Haag Engineering
- Academia – Chris Petersen, Professor, Plant Sciences Department, University of Georgia
2:30 – 2:45: Break
2:45 – 3:45: Discussion on proposals to help improve EF-scale lead by Keith Stellman (Meteorologist-in-Charge, Peachtree City, GA) with brief remarks made by a panel of EF-Scale Rating Steering Committee members
- Government – Don Burgess, Senior Research Scientist Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies / NOAA
- Private Industry – Tanya Brown, Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety
- Academia – Chris Karstens, Research Scientist, NOAA/National Severe Storms Laboratory
3:45 – 4:00: Summary and Meeting Wrap-up - Chris Strager
Seating is limited, so those registering before the event will be guaranteed access to this forum. Please use the form below to register.
Those unable to be at this forum can participate remotely via GoToWebinar. To participate via GoToWebinar, you must pre-register here: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/735693544
If you have any questions, please contact Brent MacAloney at Brent.MacAloney@noaa.gov.