The Conference Steering Committee are considering all applications received. Applicants will be notified of the Committee's decisions no later than 1 September 2017.
The form will remain in place for context and information only until the end of the decision period.
We are happy to acknowledge that some of the funding is provided by the Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute’s Choose Maths Program in partnership with the BHP Billiton Foundation.
1. Are currently enrolled in an Honours, Masters or PhD program in the mathematical sciences, broadly interpreted (applied, pure, statistics, bioinformatics and so on), in an Australian or New Zealand university.
2. Have been awarded their PhD at most five years (full-time equivalent) before the closing date. If their PhD was awarded more than five years ago (full-time equivalent) but the applicant still wishes to be considered as an early-career researcher, please provide specific and concise justification for career interruptions or other relevant factors.
3. Have been awarded their PhD more than five years ago and have carer responsibilities.
Note: Women who are employed at an Australian or New Zealand university, and satisfy category 2 or 3 but are not resident in Australia or New Zealand, are also eligible.
2. Applications will be assessed based on:• The applicant is an emerging or active female researcher as set out in the eligibility section.• Available funding is not sufficient to cover the total cost of conference attendance including travel, accommodation or carer expenses.
3. Preference may be given to early applications.
4. Decisions made by the selection panel regarding funding are final.
• A completed Application Form (this form).
• A description of your current research activities (50 words maximum).
• A brief description of what you will use the funds for, with estimated expenses (100 words maximum).
• Self-declaration showing that available funding (NHMRC/ARC/other research funds) is not sufficient to cover the total cost of conference attendance.
• Only electronic applications submitted via this form will be accepted.
2. Successful applicants will be reimbursed during the conference, in a manner to be determined by the WIMSIG Conference organisers.
3. You will be informed of the result of your application by Friday 1 September 2017 (TBC). Note that early bird registration closes on Thursday 24 August 2017.
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org