Your priorities for Eckington
The Eckington Civic Association (ECA) gathers community input and makes recommendations to DC officials about issues affecting Eckington, including public safety, housing and development, streetscape design and repair, zoning, and other issues. The ECA also supports community events, beautification efforts, and safety walks, and runs a listserv where members of the community can keep others informed about local issues and events.
The ECA is seeking your ideas for how we can grow and improve the ECA to serve our community. Please take 3-5 minutes to share your experience with the ECA and ideas for what we should prioritize in 2021 and beyond. We’ll share the results of this survey and discuss what’s next at our February ECA meeting (on Feb 8, 7-8 pm).
1. How long have you lived in Eckington?
Longer than 10 years
2. Where do you get your information about community news and events? Please select all that apply.
The ECA listserv
ECA or ANC meetings
Conversations with my neighbors
3. What are the TWO issues in our neighborhood that are most important to you?
Public safety and violence prevention
Social and economic equity
Zoning and permitting
Traffic flow and safety
Environmental issues (litter, pollution, etc.)
4. How have you engaged with the Eckington Civic Association? Please select all that apply.
I haven't engaged at all.
I’ve read updates from ECA on Facebook, Nextdoor, or ECA website.
I have attended a meeting or two.
I have participated in ECA or other neighborhood events (e.g., Eckington Day or neighborhood cleanups).
I am a member.
5. What would you like to see the ECA do more of? Please select all that apply.
Advocacy for capital improvements in Eckington (e.g. a library branch or upgrades to Harry Thomas Recreation Center or to our local schools)
Solicit community feedback on local issues and communicate them to public officials and agencies
Deep-dive briefings on issues of concern or key interest for community members (e.g., understanding violence interrupter programs; hearing details of major development plans)
Spotlight presentations on organizations and businesses serving Eckington
Discussions (followed by action) about our neighborhood priorities and specific requests we want to collectively make to the mayor, our city councilmember, and public agencies
None of the above.
6. Please select all that apply:
I’m happy with my current level of engagement in the ECA.
I would like to attend meetings, but I don’t know when they are.
I would like to attend meetings, but they are not at a convenient time.
I would like to become a member, but I don’t know how.
I’d be interested in doing more to help the civic association (by joining a committee, helping with outreach to my neighbors, etc).
7. We are striving to ensure that the civic association is inclusive and representative of the entire Eckington community. What ideas do you have to help us engage and serve ALL residents? Are there barriers to participation that we could remove? Who would you like to hear more from?
Are there any other questions, concerns, or suggestions you’d like to raise?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service