1) An original copy of your third level certified qualification(s), this will be photocopied and returned to you.
2) A completed, stamped, Garda Clearance Form (the form can be obtained from) - The Teaching Council Block A, Maynooth Business Campus, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Tel. 01-6517963 or 01-6517952
Please see information on the Teaching Council website - http://www.teachingcouncil.ie/en/Vetting/
3) A non-refundable registration fee of €50 made payable to the Limerick Education Centre. This fee will cover the cost of your registration for the academic year in which you subscribe to the service.
4) A self-addressed envelope that will be used to return any documentation submitted with a copy of your receipt.
5) Statutory Declaration and Form of Undertaking.
2) Available substitute teachers are usually contacted between the hours of 8.30 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. As we endeavor to fill all placements as quickly as possible we regret that we cannot leave messages for those who fail to answer their telephone.
3) Having been successfully contacted by the Education Centre you will be given a contact name and telephone number for the school with the substitute vacancy. You will be requested to call the school and complete a brief telephone interview. On successful completion of same you are asked to notify the Education Centre that you will be providing substitute cover for the school in question.
4) A number of qualifying teachers will be contacted for any temporary positions that become available. A formal interviewing process may be conducted if the school feels the period of employment warrants it. Please note, teachers on career breaks are not eligible for temporary positions.