Instructional Coaching Cohort Registration
February 25, 2020
March 17, 2020
April 21, 2020
Location: ROE 30 Annex Building
Limit 20 participants
Time: 8:30 AM—3:30 PM
Presenters: Kathryn Kuhnert and Tom Hawkins
Lunch: On your own
Instructional coaching provides teachers with job-embedded, specific support to increase effective instructional strategies and skills to impact student learning. Efforts to improve student achievement can succeed only by building the capacity of teachers to improve their instructional practice and the capacity of school systems to promote teacher learning.
Darling-Hammond, Wei, Andree, Richardson and Orphanos (2009). Professional Learning in the Learning Profession
Administrators, Department Chairs, Lead Teacher, Teachers
Outcomes for Coaching sessions
Coaching: Content Preparation and Planning:
- Identify the elements of content preparation and planning that can be addressed by coaching.
- Understand how coaching can help teachers align lesson preparation and planning with desired outcomes.
- Understand how coaching can help teachers clarify and structure content to promote student learning.
- Understand components of successful coaching.
Coaching: Classroom Management:
- Identify the components of classroom management that can be addressed by coaching.
- Understand how coaching can help teachers can implement expectations, positive interactions, and effective correction
to promote appropriate student behavior.
- Understand what good coaching looks like.
Coaching: Instruction and Assessment:
- Identify the components of instruction and assessment that can be addressed by coaching.
- Understand how teachers and coaches can work in partnership through modeling, observations, and best practices to
- Identify how coaching can encourage the use of data to guide instruction.
Page 1 of 9
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Regional Office of Education 30.