MLC 2020 Camp Staff Application
The Montana Learning Center at Canyon Ferry Lake has been hosting STEAM-learning camps for kids and teacher trainings since 1984. We are located on a 10-acre campus. Each year we hire highly-qualified teachers and/or outdoor-education personnel to be camp counselors and instructors. College juniors and above may apply for a position.
• Current Teaching Certification or working to obtain one (Or applicant must work in the outdoor-education setting)
• Current Certification in First Aid & CPR
• Passion for learning and working with children
• Be a positive, energetic, and organized team member
• Strong communication and human relations skills
• Desire and ability to live and work in a small camp community
• Good character, integrity, flexibility, and adaptability
• Enthusiastic, sense of humor, patient and professional nature
• Applicants must pass a background check before employment
• Legally authorized to work in the USA
All applicants must be available to work the following dates:
• Mid-June - Mid-August (Weeks dependent on camper enrollment)
Pay & Benefits
- Pay will be dependent on position
- Room and board at the MLC during camps (Required for counselors and optional for instructors)
- Certified teachers in Montana may earn up to 80 Montana Office of Public Instruction Renewal Units for their work at camp
Full Legal Name
Where are you currently teaching?
We may contact your place of work as a reference.
What are the names of your principal and department chair?
What subjects are you currently teaching?
Check all that apply.
Licensure & Certification
Do you have a valid Teaching License?
All successful applicants must have a valid Teaching License prior to employment.
What year was your teaching license last issued?
List the certification fields currently held on your teaching license.
Are you CPR/ First Aid certified?
All successful applicants must have current CPR/ First Aid certification prior to employment.
Describe previous experiences as a camp staff member.
Your response should be written in sentence form.
Discuss why you want to work at the MLC during our summer STEAM camps for kids.
Your essay should be written in paragraph form.
Provide the names of your references and their contact email and phone number.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service