Steps to Resuming Practice
Dear Sacramento Aquatics Club Families,
We are planning to resume practice in a modified form starting June 15th. The Sacramento Aquatics Club (SAC) Parent Booster has been working very closely with local administrators while creating a set of protocols that will guide us as our swimmers return to the pool that meet County, State and USA Swimming guidelines.
As you know, the novel coronavirus (or COVID-19) has created a pandemic resulting in a State of Emergency in California. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and health officers have required or recommended social distancing and, in many instances, have prohibited or significantly limited the congregation of groups of people.
Please note that the health and the safety of the swimmers is our first and foremost concern. While we plan on taking every recommended action by state and local officials to keep everyone safe, we understand and support your decision to stay away from the pool if you choose to do so.
SAC is complying with all mandates and taking all reasonable steps to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. However, this risk cannot be completely eliminated. Consequently, for the safety of our team, SAC requires all persons participating during this pandemic to acknowledge an assumption of the risk, waive (i.e. release) liability, and agree to abide by our COVID-19 protocols, as follows.
Our plan to re-enter the pool safely will require the cooperation of everyone involved including athletes, coaches, support staff and swim team families. We expect everyone on the team to adhere to the safety protocols that we have laid out at all times. By doing this it shows respect for your teammates, coaches and their families. Should we feel anyone, including an athlete or a family member, is not following our safety protocols, we reserve the right to suspend the swimmer’s membership. Our staff also reserves the right to suspend practices if at any time they feel safety expectations are not being met or in the event that the facility needs to be cleaned.
Practice Safety Procedure
1. Athletes will only be allowed to enter the facility 5 minutes prior to practice. If they arrive early, they must wait in their car until the appropriate time to enter the facility.
2. While entering the facility, athletes must stay 6 feet from other swimmers who are not a member of the same household. If there is more than one athlete waiting to get into the facility, they must enter keeping the appropriate social distance.
3. Athletes must arrive to practice in their swim attire and will leave immediately after practice in their suit.
4. When entering the facility, athletes will be required to use the hand sanitizing station.
5. The pool area will be cleared and cleaned before swimmers in the next group are allowed to enter the facility. This will minimize the chance of athletes passing each other in close proximity.
6. Family members may enter the facility 5 mins after practice begins and must leave 5 minutes before practice is over, wear a mask when walking in or out, must use their own chair, and are expected to practice social distancing.
7. Athletes are required to self check and may be asked a few questions by Coach Terry about their health when they enter the facility. Athletes are required to stay home if they are showing signs of illness.
8. Restroom are closed unless in an emergency. Athletes are encouraged to use the bathroom at home before coming to practice.
9. There will be a marked area for athletes to leave their personal belongings. Athletes are encouraged to keep all items in a bag or backpack. They will place their items in a designated space and go directly to their assigned lane. All belongings must be taken home by the athlete when practice ends.
10. All staff will be wearing face masks while in the facility when they can not maintain social distancing.
11. Swimmers must stay in the lane assigned by Coach Terry and in the assigned position in between sets.
12. Any staff or athlete experiencing any symptoms of a fever (100.4), recent cough, unusual fatigue, headache or has had any exposure to someone who has had any symptoms, should remain at home and seek medical assistance. If any staff or athlete experiences fever or symptoms, they must stay home and quarantine for 14 days. Athletes must see and be cleared by a physician for training after being diagnosed with COVID-19.
13. Sacramento Aquatics Club is asking all athletes to practice safe social distancing while away from the pool to minimize the chances of infection.
Positive Test Procedure
Should someone within SAC Team test positive for COVID-19:
1. The athlete must notify SAC Parent Booster by email immediately.
2. The athlete will be expected to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
3. The athlete must receive a negative COVID-19 test and doctors written permission before returning to practice.
4. The facility will be shut down until after a thorough cleaning has been executed.
I certify that I am familiar with the contents of the Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Abide by COVID-19 Protocols below, that I have read and understand the same, and that it is my intention by completing this form that it bind not only on me, but my heirs, administrators, executors, successors, and assigns, and, if applicable, swimmer(s).
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
I agree that I, and/or, if applicable, my swimmer(s), will not enter the pool facilities if I am, and/or he/she/they is/are, feeling ill, which includes, but is not limited to, the following symptoms: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, chest pain, and/or bluish lips or face. I understand and acknowledge that I, or, if applicable, my swimmer(s), may be denied entrance or admittance if SAC determines that I am, or he/she/they is/are, showing any such symptoms. I warrant and represent that I am not aware of any medical condition of myself and/or, if applicable, my swimmer(s) which would render it inappropriate for me and/or him/her/they to participate with SAC. I agree to abide by SAC's COVID-19-related policies and procedures included above. I agree to practice good hygiene etiquette such as sneezing into my elbow, utilizing tissues, and avoid touching my eyes,nose, and mouth, and, if applicable, to instruct my swimmer(s) to do the same. I understand and acknowledge that my failure to abide by and/or my failure to ensure that any swimmer of mine abides by this Agreement may result in me and/or, if applicable, my swimmer(s), being removed from SAC. *
Yes, we agree to the above
Assumption of Risk. I understand and acknowledge the risk to myself and, if applicable, my swimmer(s),of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at SAC activities, which exposure or infection may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself or others, including, but not limited to, other participants or SAC officials, employees, volunteers, and/or representatives. I assume all such risk and accept sole responsibility for any harm or loss to myself and/or, if applicable, my swimmer(s), including, but not limited to, personal injury or death or related costs or expenses of any kind, that I, or, if applicable, swimmer(s), may experience or incur in connection with SAC activities. *
Yes, we agree to this Assumption of Risk
Waiver of Liability. In consideration of SAC allowing me and/or, if applicable, my swimmer(s) to participate in SAC activities, I, on behalf of myself, and/or, if applicable, swimmer(s),hereby release and hold harmless Sacramento Aquatics Cub, Parkway Swimming Club, and any officials, employees,volunteers, and/or representatives thereof, from any and all liability for any and all harm or losses arising from participation in SAC activities, including, but not limited to, exposure to or infection by COVID-19. Further, I covenant (i.e. promise) not to sue the Sacramento Aquatics Club, Parkway Swimming Club, or any official,employee, volunteer, and/or representative thereof, for any such harm or loss.
Yes, we agree to this Waiver of Liability.
Swimmer Name(s) and Group
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service