Master Gardener Class of 2020 Online Application
UCCE Master Gardeners of Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties
City and Zip code
Why do you want to become a UC Master Gardener volunteer?
What do you expect to learn from UC Master Gardener training?
Are you actively involved in any type of gardening? If yes, how many years have you been gardening? Describe your gardening experience, including areas of interest, previous workshops, activities, and formal training. If no, why are you interested in gardening?
Do you volunteer in your community with any organization? If yes, list your volunteer experiences and describe the specific work you perform for each organization. If no, why are you interested in volunteering?
Briefly describe your employment experience. What do/did you do and what are your most important skills acquired in your line of work?
If you are still employed, how many hours per week do you work?
Master Gardeners bring a variety of skills to the Master Gardener Program that help us to further our mission. Please review the following list of skills and check the ones you can offer:
Public speaking (large groups)
Public speaking (small groups)
Meeting the public
Problem solving and research
Grant research and writing
Microsoft Office tools
Writing articles, blogs
Writing informational materials and reports
Please rate your proficiency in English:
Please rate your proficiency in Spanish:
Please list any other languages you speak (if any), as well as your proficiency in each.
How did you learn about the UC Master Gardener program?
Word of mouth
Facebook or social media
Poster or flyer
Master Gardener website
Agreement: Please read the agreement statement below and enter your name in the space after it, to indicate agreement.
By completing this application and providing my name and date below, I am asking to be considered for acceptance into the UC Master Gardener Program with the understanding and agreement that to be accepted and pass the training, I must do the following:
1. Have attended and Information Meeting on the UC Master Gardening training program.
2. Participate in an interview and be selected for the training program.
3. Pass a fingerprint background check.
4. Make a one-time materials payment of $225.
5. Attend 15 weeks of Saturday classes with no more than one excused absence (January-May 2020).
6. Complete all required reading, projects, and other assignments.
7. Pass a final written exam.
I also understand that upon completion of training, I must complete the following to become and maintain my certified UC Master Gardener status:
1. Volunteer for approved UCMG programs for a minimum of 50 hours within the first year after graduation, ending on June 30, 2021.
2. Complete a minimum of 25 volunteer hours and 12 hours of continuing education each year after June 30, 2021.
3. Follow University of California policies and procedures while acting as a UC Master Gardener.
4. If I drive as part of my UCMG duties, provide proof of valid driver's license and insurance.
If you have any questions, please contact the class management team at
Enter your name and the date to indicate your agreement with the above statements.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UC Master Gardeners of Monterey Bay.