Work with experts using the Arts to explore the Creative Process of Teaching! Educators from Colorado College, UCCS, and Pikes Peak Community College will team up with Teaching Artists to engage you in :
• Training with Visual Thinking Strategies for all Content Areas; understanding the role and uses of Arts Integration;
• Turning S.T.E.M. education into S.T.E.A.M education;
• Culturally Relevant Teaching
• Connecting to regional resources (CS Philharmonic, Ormao Dance, Pikes Peak MakerSpace. Cool Science and more)
• 32 hours Continuing Education Certification. 2 hours of College Credit available.
JUNE 1 - 5 8:30am to 3:30pm Monday thru Thursday; 8:30 - 1:30 on Friday. Institute will be held at Imagination Space and adventures will include activities at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, Manitou Art Center, Pikes Peak MakerSpace and El Pomar's Penrose House.
Coffee, tea and breakfast goodies at 8:00am. Sessions begin at 8:30.
Due to diverse dietary needs, we ask you to bring your lunch or plan to purchase a lunch at one of the nearby eateries.