Youth Mental Health First Aid & Suicide Awareness Training
Sign-up for the Essex CHIPS hosted Youth Mental Health First Aid & Suicide Awareness Training (Center for Health and Learning)
October 8th - Essex Middle School Bistro Room Located at: 60 Founders Rd, Essex Junction, VT 05452
* THIS TRAINING HAS 5 spots left.
March 11th - 11 spots still available
July 17th - 20 spots still available
Location is to be announced, but it will be in Essex, VT.
* Each training sessions is limited to 25 participants. Please register as soon as possible to make sure that you save your place.
YMHFA is an 8-hour course that teaches adults how to help youth who are developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps you identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and various types of crises.
Topics Covered: Anxiety, Depression, Non-Suicidal Self-Injury, ADHD, Eating Disorders, Substance Use, Crisis Intervention and De-escalation, Suicide Assessment and Prevention.
This is an interactive training that will support educators to:
- Grow their understanding of the difference between mental health challenges, disorders and illnesses, and knowledge of signs,symptoms and risk factors of mental illnesses and addictions
- Increase knowledge of interventions and supports available to young people
- Increase skills to intervene in crisis and non-crisis situations
This training is made possible through Vermont Care Partners, Essex CHIPS, and the Center for Health and Learning.
Which Training Date are your Registering for?
October 8th, 2019
March 11, 2020
July 17th, 2020
Coalition or Network Affiliation
Area of Work? ex. Youth Prevention, Counseling, Etc.
Is This A Required Training?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Essex CHIPS, Inc..