Joining chorus is a wonderful experience that benefits the whole child.
- improves your singing voice.
- uses both sides of your brain. (children involved in music often perform better in other subjects like math, reading, and science!)
- reinforces musical skills (following notation, ear training).
- exposes you to different styles of music from around the world and throughout history.
- helps you make new friendships and strengthen old ones.
- prepares you for middle and high school chorus.
- fosters a life-long love of music and singing.
- is a FUN and rewarding experience!
There is no audition to join chorus. Any interested students going into fourth and fifth grade may join. Chorus does not interfere with Band OR Windows Art. The chorus performs in two concerts: Winter (Dec TBA) and Spring (May/June TBA).
******Chorus is a YEAR-LONG commitment, which ends after the spring concert.******
You may come to the first two rehearsals before deciding to officially join. You may also join in January.
4th Grade Chorus 8:40-9:10
5th Grade Chorus 8:40-9:10
HOW DO I JOIN?
1) Fill out the Google Form with your information.
2) Give a signed copy of the permission slip from the end of the form to Mrs. Valencia.
We hope you will consider joining us to sing next year!