Remember, your People Mover
... be a new design, made from materials found on this planet.
... safely support and move 2 adults between 2 static points – defined by the team
... include a manual override if operated remotely
... be accompanied by a member of the build team during the Grand Opening event
... have appropriate brakes
... be awesome
… be composed of anymore than 30% prefabricated parts. No light hacks
… be directly driven by a gasoline motor larger than 125cc
… be any sort of vehicle that is currently produced commercially
… endanger any riders or spectators
… be legal for street use in the State of Michigan.
- Selected teams will receive a free month’s membership to TechShop and 1 free class per person, as well as an additional class per team.
- Teams are allowed access to shop upon acceptance of proposal.
- Teams may work on projects off-site until April 29, but must bring entries to TechShop between April 29 and May 1 to finish build.
- People Movers must be completed by 5pm, Friday May 4, (we suggest finishing Thursday and leaving Friday for final touches)
- Friday May 4th is a press preview of the Grand Opening, so teams must be aware that a number of local and national press outlets will be onsite.
- Final inspection of the People Movers will take place at 6pm on Friday, May 4.
- Judging of the People Movers will take place on Sunday May 6th, beginning at 2pm.
- Prizes include 3D Printers, Welders, Gift Cards from Inventables, TechShop Gear and MORE!
- We love kids and especially parent/child teams, but ALL team members must be over 14 years old.