2. Invitations will be issued based on the merit of the audition recording, and as recommended by the selection committee. Generally, no more than one group may be invited per school. a. The UMEA board reserves the right to schedule all Convention performances.
3. All performers who contribute to the performance MUST be students in the ensemble’s school. Special guest soloists who are not students are allowed, but may not perform on pieces for which they are not the guest soloist(s). The ensemble director MUST be a current UMEA member.
4. The ensemble director and a school official must authorize with their signatures approval of this application, by signing the application. Invited ensembles assume all financial responsibility related to their performance.
5. The invitation will be REVOKED if there is a change of directors between the audition and the actual performance.
6. A director may apply only after their second complete year of teaching at the school for which the application is submitted, or has received superior ratings at their region festival for at least two years in a previous teaching position.
7. The application must be submitted by July 1, of the year before the performance. If you have any physical forms or recordings, please send to: John Miller, UMEA Treasurer, 140 N. 800 E. American Fork, UT 84003