What is CAF?The Central Asia Forum is the first student-run conference on the region making connections between Central Asia and the UK, rebuilding a time-neglected bridge between two worlds. We run film screenings and academic and cultural talks, all leading up to our main event, the forum itself in the beginning of 2019. Our main focus regions are Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan) and the Caucasus (Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia).
Who are we looking for? We are recruiting students who are enthusiastic to learn about and the region and work as part of our team. There is no need to be from the region, to be an undergraduate, or to have prior experience in studying Central Asia. We are looking for students to fill the following roles:
1) Speakers Recruitment
- Responsible for researching potential speakers for workshops and the annual conference - Reaching out to and liaising with the speakers, building on existing networks- Planning topics for workshops during the year and the annual conference
2) IT and Content Creation
- IT: Maintaining and updating the website Responsible for social media updates and improving online presence
- Content Creation Encouraging article submissions, podcasts and videos from students and academics for the website Edit and publish articles
3) Design Team
- Responsible for the design and web management of the website in collaboration with the IT team- Designing marketing material including article, social media, pamphlet and poster design
4) Marketing Team
- Promoting CAF on campus through creative marketing strategies and in collaboration with other societies- Promoting CAF externally by contacting relevant local organisations and universities- Liaising with the IT team to spread awareness through social media- Recruiting student ambassadors and volunteers for the conference
5) Logistics Team
- Organising practical arrangements for the day of the conference and for events during the year, including venue, catering, speaker travel and student ambassador management
6) Corporate Relations & Finance
- Securing funding and sponsorship to stage the conference- Creating and maintaining strong partnership relations with sponsors and the press- Establishing relationships with the University and relevant departments
You can apply for up to two positions.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com or message our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/centralasiaforum/
The deadline is 14 October 2018, midnight.
We will respond to you by email regarding the success of your application.
Good luck, we look forward to hearing from you!