CAF Recruitment 2018/2019
Entering its second year, Warwick's own Central Asia conference is now recruiting! We are looking to create a new organising team that will help the Central Asia Forum continue to grow and thrive here at Warwick.
What is CAF?
The Central Asia Forum is the first student-run conference on the region making connections between Central Asia and the UK, rebuilding a time-neglected bridge between two worlds. We run film screenings and academic and cultural talks, all leading up to our main event, the forum itself in the beginning of 2019. Our main focus regions are Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan) and the Caucasus (Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia).
Who are we looking for?
We are recruiting students who are enthusiastic to learn about and the region and work as part of our team. There is no need to be from the region, to be an undergraduate, or to have prior experience in studying Central Asia. We are looking for students to fill the following roles:
1) Speakers Recruitment
- Responsible for researching potential speakers for workshops and the annual conference
- Reaching out to and liaising with the speakers, building on existing networks
- Planning topics for workshops during the year and the annual conference
2) IT and Content Creation
Maintaining and updating the website
Responsible for social media updates and improving online presence
- Content Creation
Encouraging article submissions, podcasts and videos from students and academics for the website
Edit and publish articles
3) Design Team
- Responsible for the design and web management of the website in collaboration with the IT team
- Designing marketing material including article, social media, pamphlet and poster design
4) Marketing Team
- Promoting CAF on campus through creative marketing strategies and in collaboration with other societies
- Promoting CAF externally by contacting relevant local organisations and universities
- Liaising with the IT team to spread awareness through social media
- Recruiting student ambassadors and volunteers for the conference
5) Logistics Team
- Organising practical arrangements for the day of the conference and for events during the year, including venue, catering, speaker travel and student ambassador management
6) Corporate Relations & Finance
- Securing funding and sponsorship to stage the conference
- Creating and maintaining strong partnership relations with sponsors and the press
- Establishing relationships with the University and relevant departments
You can apply for up to two positions.
If you have any questions please email us at
or message our Facebook page at
The deadline is 14 October 2018, midnight.
We will respond to you by email regarding the success of your application.
Good luck, we look forward to hearing from you!
Year of Study
Course of Study
What position are you applying for?
IT and Content Creation
Corporate Relations and Finance
Why are you appropriate for the role? Include any prior experiences and explain what you could bring to the Forum (e.g. relevant skills)
Why are you interested in the region?
What other commitments do you have for the year?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service