BUSINESS COMMUNICATION Form - B
79) Examples of projection and resonance of the voice are known as:
A) vocal kinesics communication
B) listening ability
C) writing skill
D) visual kinesics communication
64) Which of the following terms is obsolete?
A) As per your request
95) When using e-mail for customer contact
A) Key the message in all capital letters
B) State the purpose of the message clearly
C) Place lengthy messages in the body of the e-mail
D) Do not worry about responding promptly
96) Which of the following is the best advice for using business e-mail?
A) If your e-mail message covers several topics, it is acceptable to leave the subject line blank
B) If your message is extremely important, write it in all capital letters.
C) Because e-mail is casual communication, you don’t have to worry about the tone you use.
D) Assume that all workplace e-mail is monitored
85) The director was dissatisfied with the stage set so he made the crew _____ it to the ground and rebuild.
57) The grammatically correct sentence is:
A) The lawyer took the book off of the shelf.
B) The editor deleted the error by an eraser.
C) The pretty painting was placed between the door and window.
D) She has neither skill or efficiency.
63) Basic fundamentals, free and clear, and positively certain are all examples of:
B) wordy compound prepositions.
C) trite business expressions.
D) opening fillers.
80) A structured slide presentation is often the best choice for:
A) including free-form slides
B) a project update and routine information
C) a motivational presentation
D) a complex presentation when you have plenty of time
53) Which of the following is not specific and clear?
C) 6 ounces
D) 10 percent
78) The following should always be included as part of an introduction of an oral presentation.
A) a preview
B) a summary
C) a conclusion
D) an electronic slide show
72) Which is not a question you would ask to determine whether your oral presentation requires visual aids?
A) Will visual aids help the audience remember what is said?
B) Will visual aids add interest to the presentation?
C) Will visual aids help clarify the message?
D) Will visual aids entertain my audience?
62) The proofreaders’ mark to insert parentheses is:
B) ( )
90) If you write a sentence that contains an appositive providing nonessential information, you would
A) set it off with commas.
B) set it off with dashes.
C) hyphenate it.
D) put parentheses around it.
77) Which of the following is not a common attention-getting technique?
56) Choose the grammatically incorrect sentence.
A) Neither the coaches nor the players complained about the loss.
B) Each of the girls took her turn during the volleyball game.
C) Both of the girls were sorry for her actions on the basketball court.
D) Either the coach or the assistant coach is responsible for the radio interview.
92) CEO is a common acronym used in business settings and communications. The letters stand for Chief Executive Officer.
70) Marcelle made a conscious effort to become an active listener, so she shut down her computer, turned off her cell phone, and asked her assistant to hold all incoming calls when she conducts interviews. What technique is she using to improve listening?
A) controlling her surroundings
B) establishing better time management
C) delegating more to others
D) keeping an open mind
What is your name?
58) _____________ going on vacation in July to Hawaii.
93) Which sentence contains a spelling error?
A) The freight train rolled through the city carrying highly explosive materials.
B) The doctor’s visit to the patient was brief.
C) I do not beleive in Santa Clause.
D) She will receive her honorary degree at commencement.
52) Which type of grammatical error occurs in the following sentence? "While reviewing the report, the fire alarm sounded, and everyone left the building."
C) Dangling modifier
D) Passive voice
94) When using visual aids for a presentation
A) Face the audience as you talk about the visual aid
B) It is best to reveal all the points on a slide at once.
C) Face the visual aid as you talk about it
D) Do not waste time practicing with the aids before the presentation
91) A punctuation mark such as the parentheses may be used in pairs to set off words, numbers, lists, or other items that may be considered nonessentials. Identify where you would use the parentheses in the following: The Future Business Leaders of America FBLA is a favorite student organization in the business world.
B) (Future Business Leaders of America)
73) Speakers are advised to avoid uptalk. Uptalk is defined as:
A) using a consistently high pitch, rate, and volume when speaking.
B) emphasizing or stressing certain words to change the meaning of the message.
C) speaking in an upbeat manner even in serious situations.
D) using a rising inflection at the end of a sentence, which makes statements sound like questions.
68) Which of the following is not a barrier to effective listening?
B) Biases and prejudices
C) Eye contact
87) The _______ of the new church building is enhanced by a wooded area, flowers, and small covered bridge.
88) Your and you're are commonly misused. Which question or sentence correctly uses the word your?
A) The presentation your working on is for John.
B) Your the new manager?
C) When is the document your writing due?
D) Is that your file?
69) Which of the following is the best advice when listening to nonnative speakers?
A) Practice listening to many varieties of English.
B) Pretend that you understand, even if you don't.
C) Try to finish their sentences for them when they seem to be having trouble.
D) Correct their grammar and pronunciation along the way so that they will say things correctly the next time.
82) Typical communication channels may be used to send a message and once received, the process of interpreting the message is known as
C) reading the message.
86) Understanding implied meanings or jargon is essential in the workplace. Select the best meaning for "bait and switch."
A) a ploy of advertising one item but selling another
B) without deceit
C) working a second job
D) equal treatment
99) Companies often give access to its customers, vendors, suppliers, and other interested people to view the company’s literature through its:
B) personal account
D) Web page
89) Which one of the following sentences is the correct use of punctuation with apostrophes?
A) She said, "He said, "Hurry up."
B) To move to the next line of type, hit "Enter."
C) "I'll be there just as soon as I finish this chapter"."
D) The only grade her mother would accept was an "A".
67) Which of the following words show sensitivity to the speaker?
B) You missed the point
D) Tell me more
61) I was delighted to see the red, white, and blue flag, waving proudly in the breeze.
A) The sentence has incorrect punctuation.
B) The sentence has correct punctuation.
98) Text messaging, although a good social communication tool, is
A) not a good alternative for those with hearing difficulties.
B) also appropriate when a ringing phone would not be in meetings.
C) less appropriate for marketing messages.
D) opened less often in today’s business world than e-mails.
66) Important dimensions of North American culture are its communication style and
B) weak attitude.
C) lack of respect for time.
65) In many Asian societies, the notion of "saving face" means:
A) to avoid public embarrassment
B) to nurture all younger employees face to face
C) that the younger workers will confront the senior worker face to face
D) that it is a weak way to open communication
97) In a conversation with a "problem" customer, it is good psychology to look for an opportunity to ______________ that customer.
51) Are you saving this seat for _______ and _________?
A) he, me
B) he, I
C) him, me
D) him, I
59) Great is to greatest as good is to:
71) Body language
A) is very similar in most cultures.
B) includes facial expressions and gestures.
C) is easy to interpret because each symbol has only one meaning.
D) is always complex to read.
60) If you are reviewing a proofread document to re-key it, what would you do if your document had the following: The Wall Street Journal ?
A) key it in 14 point Times New Roman
B) italicize it
C) key it bold
D) key in all caps
55) One of the following sentences contains an error/errors.
A) Running down the stairs, I fell.
B) He has lain on the couch all day.
C) Do you think us kids would do that?
D) Is that the exam I took?
76) Planning a high-quality presentation can take:
A) away from the presentation
B) the time of the supervisor to help with every word
C) time only when analyzing the situation
D) many hours of research and development
84) Shortened forms of words or expressions typically formed from the first letter of each word are
B) Texting words
75) In communicating with others, a key to receiving honest feedback is
A) the sender's attitude.
B) carefully observing all receivers.
C) the receiver's attitude.
D) the environment in which the message was given.
81) One voice quality needed during the delivery of an oral presentation is:
A) soft tones
C) moderate pace
83) Language problems such as the selection of words in the message can destroy the communication process if the words used are
A) appropriate for the reader.
B) too easy for the reader.
C) unfamiliar to the reader.
D) familiar to the reader.
100) Spamming is:
A) sending mass, unsolicited e-mail messages
B) writing one continuous paragraph
C) writing a message that might offend receivers
D) rambling on and on
74) We receive messages through:
54) Which sentence is grammatically incorrect?
A) She could hardly hear the speaker over the background noise.
B) If I was you, I would tell your supervisor what happened.
C) The boy knelt by the toybox and played.
D) We expected the results of the MRI yesterday.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service