1) General Information:All proposals must be submitted through this form, and to a specific Working Group or the Committee on Activism, which you select from the list below. In case your proposal does not fit into any of these groups, select “Programme Committee” at the bottom of the list. You can find more information on these groups and contact the coordinators through this link (http://iippe.org/working-groups/).
The Working Group Coordinators, the Committee on Activism, or the Programme Committee make the primary decisions on Panel structures and content.
You can submit the following proposals: A. Proposal for an Individual paper, B. Proposal for a Panel or a Stream of related Panels, C. Activist Proposal, documentary films, art projects, etc.
An individual can only offer one submission whether book discussion, roundtable or similar presentation. Please DO NOT submit two proposals from one person. It is, however, allowed to submit an activist proposal in addition to any of the other forms of proposal.
2) How to submit your proposal:A. Proposal for an individual paper:Start by selecting the Group below into which your proposal would fit best, and fill in the rest of the form.
B. Proposal for a Panel or Stream of related Panels: Send an email to the Coordinator of the Working Group where your proposed panel or stream fits best. You can find the names and emails here: (http://iippe.org/working-groups/). For the Committee on Activism, contact Matthias Kispert (firstname.lastname@example.org), and for the Programme Committee contact Ourania Dimakou (email@example.com). Include in your email only the Panel title(s), the titles of all papers in each Panel, and the name of the presenter of each paper being proposed. Do not include emails of the presenters, abstracts, etc.
After your email proposal for a panel or stream has been sent to the Group Coordinator, each person who is listed to present a paper MUST make an individual submission as in point 2) A. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you follow up with each presenter within a week to make sure they have made their individual submissions. Otherwise the panel/stream will not be considered.
C. Activist Proposal, documentary films, art projects, etc.Select the category below “Committee on Activism” and fill in the rest of this form. Make it clear in the field "Short abstract of your paper/proposal" what exactly you are submitting, e.g. a proposal for film screening, art exhibition, round table discussion, and/or Panel, etc. For more information contact Matthias Kispert (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3) Co-authored PapersIn case several co-authors will jointly present a single paper, each co-presenter MUST SUBMIT THE SAME PROPOSAL AND ABSTRACT INDIVIDUALLY. Again, do NOT put two people's names into the same name field of this form. The Programme will not list co-authors who do not attend and present.
4) Confirmation of SubmissionAfter clicking "Send form" pay attention to the popup window that confirms successful submission of your proposal. You will NOT receive any immediate confirmation email. However, in case you do not hear from the Programme Committee before the 20th of April, 2018, then please contact Niels Hahn (email@example.com).
5) Review ProcessAll proposals will be reviewed by the Working Group it was submitted to. About one month after the final submission deadline you will receive notification if your proposal has been accepted or not. If your proposal is accepted, you will receive an email with more information about the Conference and the registration procedure.
6) Membership Fees, Conference Fees, and Registration:All presenters must be members of IIPPE. Annual membership fees are: students and unwaged, €15. All others, €30.
Membership fee and conference fees must be paid together at the point when registering for the conference.
For students and unwaged: Conference fee €65; membership fee €15. Total €80.
For all other presenters, except Activists: Conference fee €180; membership fee €30. Total €210.
Activists are exempted from the Conference fees, but must pay the membership fee of €30.
Please note that IIPPE does not have any funds that can subsidise participants, and the fees cannot be waived. 7) Key dates and deadlinesThe deadline for submission of proposals is March 15, 2018.
Successful submissions will be confirmed by April 15, 2018.
The deadline for registration for the Conference is May 15, 2018.
The first preliminary programme will be sent out at the end of the second week of July, 2018.
The final programme will be sent out about August 1, 2018.