The 2023 Application is open. We have part time positions available. We try our best to create a fun, interactive, fast-paced work atmosphere on our small farm and look for enthusiastic, hard-working people to join our team. We are able to employ from March ~ April through October 30th. Sometimes the season is longer depending on the weather. Please note: We do not offer on-farm housing.
Garcia's Gardens is a small but mighty family farm in Indianapolis, Indiana situated on 1.5 acres. We grow seasonal salads and other specialty produce for farmers markets and restaurants. We are a production farm with a focus on efficiency. We plan to have a crew of 3 to 4 working with us from April through the end of October. Sometimes the season is longer depending on the weather. It is extremely important that all of our crew help in creating a workplace where people are cared-for and encouraged. Positions start at $13/hour. Work on the farm is fast paced and we are looking for dynamic people who can stay positive and be encouraging of their fellow crew members.
The following requirements apply for all workers at Garcia's Gardens. All employees must:
– Get to work on time.
– Workdays are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 730am to 430pm. Start times are earlier when temps and humidity are higher. There are also opportunities to work Weekend Markets.
– Possible extra hours during peak season and high harvest times.
– Commit to the duration of the season (April 3rd to October 30th).
– Be physically fit and able to lift up to 40 lbs unaided with a mask.
– Provide their own comfortable, rubber boots to work in.
– Work well as a team member and independently.
– Bring their lunch every day.
No farm experience required, though it doesn't hurt. All employees will be trained for their position on the job.
Farm team member's tasks will include, but not be limited to:
– Helping with Harvest
– Salad Greens Production
– Washing Harvest Totes
– Microgreens Production
– Nursery Work
– Field Work
New team members start at $13/hour. End of season bonus upon completion of season (It is super important for you to be here the full season). Hiring decisions are made in February.