3rd Grade ELA Presidents' Test (2018)
Directions: Carefully read the excerpt from the selection, "Tiger in Trouble! and More True Stories of Amazing Animal Rescues." Then answer questions 1 through 5 by selecting the best answer.
1. What is Kathryn's first clue that Nitro is blind?
Nitro seems to be afraid.
Nitro does not know where his food is.
Nitro runs into the fence.
Nitro does not look outside his cage.
2. Which detail from the passage best shows that Kathryn cares about Nitro?
She puts Nitro into a new cage.
She does not want Nitro to hurt himself.
She thinks Nitro has a great attitude.
She does not understand why Nitro is blind.
3. Which statement from the passage shows that the problem in paragraph 8 was solved?
"Nitro walked through his big new home." (paragraph 9)
"He was trying to feel what was ahead of him." (paragraph 9)
"Once he learned where his fences were, the people at the Rescue put down sand pathways." (paragraph 13)
"In time, Nitro learned where every bump, every tree, and every food box was in his new cage." (paragraph 15)
4. What causes Nitro to chuffle?
being aware of people
wanting a treat
having a cough
5. What makes Nitro "a Rescue favorite" (paragraph 18)?
his reaction to visitors
his response to peppermint
his unusual chuffle
his large paws
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of East Newark School District.
Terms of Service