Thank you for your interest in the Fullerton College Vocal/Choral Department.
1. Fill out the online form on the next page before April 29, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
2. If you are interested in Applied Voice (Private Lessons/Vocal Music Major track), submit your video of one classical piece (art or folk song, or aria) by May 15, 2021at 11:59 PM here:https://forms.gle/1fBS8cQEeV7kgnbB9
If you are just interested in Choir or Group Voice Classes, there is no need to submit a video, and you can proceed to step 3.
3. Show up to your live virtual audition on Saturday, May 1, 2021. We will email you on April 30 with your specific time slot.
APPLIED VOICE VIDEO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
If you are auditioning for our Applied Voice Program, which is essentially our “Vocal Music Major” track (see program description below), we are asking you to submit a video of you performing a classical art song or folk song by May 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM, in addition to your live audition component on May 1, 2021. You are welcome to use an existing video from the past 12 months, or you may record a new one using an accompaniment track. Please do not submit a pop/contemporary song.
If you do not have a way to find an accompaniment track, or you need some guidance on what to sing, we are happy to provide you with an accompaniment track and sheet music for "Caro Mio Ben" and "Beautiful Dreamer", in both high and low keys. The sheet music and accompaniment tracks for these pieces can be accessed here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YApb8aJfkRYId4sgwHuLffBZ0otLv63J
Please upload your recording to YouTube and select “Unlisted” and “Not for Children”. You may submit your video at any time before May 15, 2021 here:https://forms.gle/1fBS8cQEeV7kgnbB9
If you have any questions, email Prof. Barsamian (email@example.com
) or Prof. Dedmon (firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission to the Classical Applied Voice Program is by audition only.
Please take a moment to read about our various programs, classes, and choirs below:
APPLIED VOICE PROGRAM:
For those who would like to pursue a career in music (either through education, performance, composition, or something similar) and eventually transfer to a Bachelor of Music program, we have our Classical Applied Voice Program, which is admitted by audition. Students who are in Applied Voice:
* receive weekly 45-minute private instruction from one of our world-class voice faculty members
*receive coachings from Dr. Clara Cheng Stosch, piano
* receive several performance opportunities during the semester through recitals, class performances, and juries.
* are expected to make consistent progress towards transfer
* must enroll in Music Theory,
* must enroll in at least one choir
* must enroll in Concert Hour
* must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
If you have any further questions about our Applied Program, you can contact Prof. Aram Barsamian at email@example.com
More information on our Applied Voice Program here: http://music.fullcoll.edu/prog_courses.php#filter=.df_9
GROUP VOICE CLASSES:
If you are interested in learning more about singing, whether or not you are interested in Applied Voice, we offer several different levels of Group Voice Classes (Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced).
More information on our Group Voice Classes here: http://music.fullcoll.edu/prog_courses.php#filter=.df_49
For those who would like to sing in a choir, we offer four different options: Concert Choir, Chamber Singers. Our Concert Choir is our large auditioned ensemble. Members of Concert Choir who are ready for an additional musical challenge may be invited to a callback audition for Chamber Singers, which is our smaller auditioned ensemble. Please note that Chamber Singers must also be enrolled in Concert Choir. If you have any further questions about our choral program, you can contact Prof. Nicola Dedmon at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on our Choirs here: http://music.fullcoll.edu/event_series.php?typeid=1